Master 8000 Pull Tab Machine and COINCO BA70SA

BigPea

Hello,

I reached out to this forum after conducting extensive research and making numerous phone calls, all of which proved futile. My current undertaking involves refurbishing a Master8000 Pull Tab Machine equipped with a COINCO BA70SA bill validator and vertical stacker. Unfortunately, I've encountered difficulties in locating a suitable replacement for this configuration.

Ideally, I'm seeking a bill acceptor that can handle denominations up to $20, with the capability to accept up to $100 being even more desirable. The current bill acceptor operates on 117v and was last updated in 2006 to accommodate new currency. The primary issue with the acceptor is that one of the drive motors overheats and emits smoke, along with a similar problem in the transformer located in the lower unit. I suspect that these components have simply aged and failed over time.

Any assistance or suggestions regarding potential replacements would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_20231110_131558_02.jpg

Hmm, in 35 years I've never seen a BA70 model but I guess that's because it's used in the amusement side of things.  You can send it to a Coinco repair depot and have it repaired and updated for new software though I'm not sure if any BA could accept 100s.  That might be a bridge too far.

This is the first BA70SA I've seen.  That said, the only difference should be the size of the bill box being 700 count as opposed to the BA30 being a 300 count box.  This is going to max out at $20 acceptance.  Motors and used replacement boards should be readily available but the upper and lower sensor boards can get very hard to find and expensive.  

Wachtor Electronics (Salt Lake) and Changer Svc( Minneapolis) are a couple repair facilities that would be able to get this thing running and updated. 

For a good replacement, you'll want to look into the Mars AE line such as the AE2801 which I believe will accept up to $100 and will work on 115 Serial or Pulse equipment.   

At this late stage in the life of cash, I'm a little curious where this would get placed unless it's a one armed bandit or something.

Not the best photo and it was too big to attach.  This is the machine that the unit is in.  I did call COINCO and they were just as perplexed at the 70SA and they had not seen one for some time.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/bC9Xz79m8nAtQXrB8

For the AE2801 is that something I would have to make any changes to the wiring for?  I am a bit perplexed as to what purpose both cords serve. 

5 hours ago, AZVendor said:

No, you would use the 9 pin connector like the Coinco has on it.

So then what is the purpose of the other cord? It is a black 18pin with only two wires going to it.  It currently plugs into the bottom section of the coinco control board. 

You will just leave it there.  The communication goes through the 9 pin connector.  On a Mars validator for a pulse connection that is all you would use.

Edited by AZVendor

If the unit uses “serial” as opposed to Pulse comms for enable and credit, you’ll need the serial (18 pin)  harness installed.

With the power harness is plugged into the side of the AE28 (may or may not already be installed when you receive) , 18 pins will be left open next to it. This is where you’ll plug in the serial harness. It may or may not be necessary based on your machine.

Sure, I just did not know if the bill validator needed anything special to be able to count.

Example, person puts in $20 and pushes $2 10 times vs pushing the $1 20 times. Is there anything special between validator types that accounts for this vs a machine where every click is only a $1.

The DBV's will just accept a bill and send a credit signal to the controller.  The controller will interpret that signal in some way. Not being familiar with that piece of equipment, it's hard to say how that is done but it would have to be in the controller itself.