Help please... Dixie Narco DNBC 360/210-6 Surging Issue

xgrover36x

They all have R134 to my knowledge. You can search the model of the compressor (on the side of it) and see what oil it's charged with to determine which gas is in it.

57 minutes ago, AZVendor said:

They all have R134 to my knowledge. You can search the model of the compressor (on the side of it) and see what oil it's charged with to determine which gas is in it.

Will do. Can’t seem to find an affordable or size able can of M39 anywhere. Is it an old Freon not regularly used these days?

If you're wanting to do your own recharging on all of your machines then just get the MP39 even if it's more expensive than R134a because then you can recharge them regardless of the gas that is in them.

15 minutes ago, AZVendor said:

If you're wanting to do your own recharging on all of your machines then just get the MP39 even if it's more expensive than R134a because then you can recharge them regardless of the gas that is in them.

I disagree with you on that one. Keep R134a machines R134a. R12 machines that are still running R12 are becoming rarer and rarer. No point in dropping in expensive refrigerant just in case you have an R12 machine still running R12 that needs a charge. At this point most R12 systems have been converted to R134a, junked, or are needing a compressor (and conversion to R134a anyways) soon anyways. In addition, MP39 is a blend, so you have to charge it as a liquid, can’t just charge it as a gas through the low side service stub on the compressor. So it’s easier to charge with R134a than MP39.

Also, MP39 is also known as R401A, might have an easier time finding small containers if you look for that (401a, NOT 410A)

Edited by orsd

I hear your point but the prices I was seeing were WAY higher than R134a, and I have almost all dixie narco 276e or 501es at this point in my vending career, so that could be a move for down the line

2 minutes ago, orsd said:

I disagree with you on that one. Keep R134a machines R134a. R12 machines that are still running R12 are becoming rarer and rarer. No point in dropping in expensive refrigerant just in case you have an R12 machine still running R12 that needs a charge. At this point most R12 systems have been converted to R134a, junked, or are needing a compressor (and conversion to R134a anyways) soon anyways. In addition, MP39 is a blend, so you have to charge it as a liquid, can’t just charge it as a gas through the low side service stub on the compressor. So it’s easier to charge with R134a than MP39.

Also, MP39 is also known as R401A, might have an easier time finding small containers if you look for that (401a, NOT 410A)

Yeah, noticed that- thought I found all the 401A in the world, and then realized my dyslexia was acting up again

2 minutes ago, Fermo Vending said:

I hear your point but the prices I was seeing were WAY higher than R134a, and I have almost all dixie narco 276e or 501es at this point in my vending career, so that could be a move for down the line

Yeah if the majority of your fleet is E models they basically all came R134a. Just buy R134a and cross the MP39 bridge if and when you need to.

orsd,

You can charge through a charging port with MP39 if you simply turn the can upside down before you open the valve.  That's how we did it for years with no issues.  Well, other than if we recharged a machine more than 2 times, then we had to evacuate it and charge by liquid weight so that the oil quantity was correct.  Of course, by the time you have to recharge a third time you should be finding the leak too.

49 minutes ago, AZVendor said:

orsd,

You can charge through a charging port with MP39 if you simply turn the can upside down before you open the valve.  That's how we did it for years with no issues.  Well, other than if we recharged a machine more than 2 times, then we had to evacuate it and charge by liquid weight so that the oil quantity was correct.  Of course, by the time you have to recharge a third time you should be finding the leak too.

Yes, technically you can charge liquid through the low side if you throttle it slow enough that it turns into vapor before it hits the compressor, but that’s a risky game that isn’t ideal.