Vintage Parts Coke DN 168/99-5

Bigskypc50

Greetings Everyone.. I picked up yet another basket case. I believe it's a 1980. Overall it's in good condition I would say. Needs to be cleaned inside as normal. 

I am in need of some parts, where would one go to track down parts for these older machines. The number 5 rotor (single row C shaped) is twisted like a pretzel in there and the motor is locked.  

Also I noticed when there is no credit in the coin mech if I push a button on the front it get a rather loud solid click.  There is what looks like a decent sized selnoid on the inner door that clicks. Is that normal for these era machines I only have experience with lat 80s and early 90s DN machines. 

IMG_0882.jpeg

IMG_0881.jpeg

Because it's a large button Coke door, you have a sequencing solenoid that switches between columns 1 and 2 as they will both feed the large selection button.  You can get a new solenoid if yours is the same as what was used on later machines (probably is.)  What will be odd about your machine is that it's a DN168 which normally only got 5 columns so I'm guessing DN put all narrow columns into your cabinet since you have 5 selections and would need 6 columns for the sequencing solenoid to work. 

The rotor will likely need to be a used rotor as I seriously doubt that anyone sells a new one any longer.  You can source that from any junked single price DN368 or DN440 that isn't from the 90's or later when some machines became "shimless stacks."

Parts will be fun. There’s a guy in Denver that restores old equipment. Rainbow Vending I believe? You might be able to locate him on here or on the googlater. 

The loud clacking Sounds like the sequencer relay firing to alternate between col1 and col2.