Wrong Price Charged

Hi - we have a Crane GPL 490 combo machine with a Cantaloupe G11 card reader (G11 I think).

All was fine until i looked at yesterdays transactions.

We have one product that under charged the customer.
Bag of chips  - $1.00 - cash transaction charged them .75 cents
Same selection - CC transaction, charged them .35 cents

Same selection was made Saturday and the charges were correct on cash sale!

Anyone ever experience this?

Thanks
Tom 

Have you verified the machine pricing?  Do you have two tier pricing enabled? Do you have the latest eprom in the machine and have you updated the firmware in the card reader lately?

Machine pricing - checked a couple prices / selections on Saturday when i was in to restock soda.
The few i checked had the correct price displayed in window.

Two tier pricing  - Yes - its set at .10 cents 
Eprom - i have no clue
Firmware is at - 2.05.005fP

You should check all the prices and force a firmware update.  Then if it still happens see if you can duplicate it.  If you can then turn off two tier pricing and test it again. You might need to find out what the latest eprom is for your board and install it if yours is older.  Of course, you might also ask Cantaloupe/USATech about it too.

• Thanks 1

Ive sent Cantaloupe an email asking about updates for our specific CC reader.
Hopefully they include info about the eprom as well.

I will stop out at the location in the morning and check the prices.

Force an firmware update?
Never done that before - I assume this is from the Seedlive website?

Thanks
Tom

If the report says the customer was charged a different price than the displayed price, that doesn't necessarily mean they were charged wrong but the reports may be wrong due to board's software.  If the card transactions show up incorrectly though, I'm not sure.  I've had reports look wrong with apple pay but then they seem okay on the weekly statement.  You'll need cantaloupe to verify the transactions you're seeing.  Also, when you swipe your card to test it yourself, look at the display on the reader to see what it says.  If it says a completely wrong price then it's probably the board.  If the reader shows the correct price but reports say otherwise, it's likely a reporting issue only and *should* be correct at the end of the week.

• Thanks 1

Welp - stopped by the location this morning. Selection shows correct price. 

Did two test vends, one for cash and the other with card and both showed
correct price, then compared that to the DEX report in seedlive and it also
shows the correct price/charges.

So this is weird, but im happy all is well.
Still wonder what happened????

Thanks everyone for your input, appreciate you all !!!

I’ve had this happen with Nayax. One time, it was showing $.44 for items that were $3.00 paid for with cash. This was happening in two of my 501e drink machines. I fixed it by placing $3 as the cash and cc display price within the Nayax app.  They were charged correctly at the time of purchase which was good. Nayax didn’t really have a solution and said it was a machine issue. 

This past week, I had a Nayax transaction charge less than the programmed price for a credit card transaction. It charged $1.50 instead of $2.00. I opened a ticket with Nayax but they didn’t have a solution the last time this happened. This actually charged incorrectly upon review. 

14 hours ago, DeeBee said:

I’ve had this happen with Nayax. One time, it was showing $.44 for items that were $3.00 paid for with cash. This was happening in two of my 501e drink machines. I fixed it by placing $3 as the cash and cc display price within the Nayax app.  They were charged correctly at the time of purchase which was good. Nayax didn’t really have a solution and said it was a machine issue. 

This past week, I had a Nayax transaction charge less than the programmed price for a credit card transaction. It charged $1.50 instead of $2.00. I opened a ticket with Nayax but they didn’t have a solution the last time this happened. This actually charged incorrectly upon review. 

This is happening to me as well on my DN501e. It was suggested to me that all pricing should be pulled from the product information on the website. I guess I will try both ways.