First machine

geebs28

I have found a vendo 480 pop machine that I would like to get working for my shop.  When I plug the unit in, the compressor comes on as it should.  My 1st problem that I have come across is, coins just fall straight through to the return, the led display is not working.  I'm don't know where to begin troubleshooting, LED display board or coin mechanism. Any help would be greatly appreciated 

Jim

You should pay someone to show you how your very first, never seen before, pie in the sky, hope it works, vending machine is to be used. 

There is  a toggle switch at the bottom of the cabinet next to the fuse holders to the left of the compressor.  If that doesn't turn the door on then you have other problems.

1 hour ago, Vendo Mike said:

Have you loaded any product in the machine? It won’t accept until it sees at least one sold-out paddle depressed.

Thanks for your advice, it had some products still in it when I got it, but were 3 years old, so I took them out. I will load some of them back in and see if I have any luck. Thanks again

56 minutes ago, AZVendor said:

You should pay someone to show you how your very first, never seen before, pie in the sky, hope it works, vending machine is to be used. 

There is  a toggle switch at the bottom of the cabinet next to the fuse holders to the left of the compressor.  If that doesn't turn the door on then you have other problems.

Thanks for telling me what that switch is for. As I said I am completely new and just wanted a project. 

5 hours ago, Vendo Mike said:

Have you loaded any product in the machine? It won’t accept until it sees at least one sold-out paddle depressed.

I have put a few cans in and I still get nothing. Maybe I have cans in wrong?1709062042909661879260354655944.thumb.jpg.42e181a275a769c227e855755b0c59b5.jpg

5 hours ago, AZVendor said:

I have tested the toggle for the door power, it is functioning as it should.  I am getting power to all parts, but machine still will not accept coins 

You've filled the cradle but in the plastic paddle in the front of the column in your picture has to be held down for it to vend.  This is the "sold out" paddle.  If this is not depressed, the machine assumes it's empty.  This keeps cold drinks available in the cradle for the next customer regardless of when the machine was last loaded.