Coke machine cvc224

Good day i am new here. I just got a choice vend cvc 224. 4 out of the 5 vending motors are working. The issue im haveing is the coin part is shot. I want to bypas it all together.

You can put any single price coin mech into it and you can find used motors for them.  I ran Choice Vends for years.  Get yourself a Mars TRC6000, 6800 or a Coinco 3340 or 3341S.

3 hours ago, Vendo Mike said:

I'm assuming the 224 was a single price machine.  That being the case, there are threads on this forum showing how to wire a free vend bypass. 

It did have dip switches to change the price. I know i got 6 wires going into it. I appreciate your reply i will look for the other threads

50 minutes ago, AZVendor said:

You can put any single price coin mech into it and you can find used motors for them.  I ran Choice Vends for years.  Get yourself a Mars TRC6000, 6800 or a Coinco 3340 or 3341S.

I appreciate the feedback i will look into that

I have looked and was not able to find any other threads. This site aint user friendly when it comes to searching lol. I removed the coin dispenser. I think this is where im missing something. I got a green wire a blue a red a yellow a purple and a brown.IMG_20240306_174654_902.thumb.jpg.2a77f0168ae5609cf84e92488e487ed4.jpg

IMG_20240306_174658_223.jpg

13 minutes ago, Vendo Mike said:

Ignore the card reader portion and see the wiring for the free vend switch. 

Thank you mike that is very helpful. I just did alittle experiment bassed on that and one vend slot goes. So im guessing that method works but something is triggering that one to go everytime.

If not a stuck selection switch then the motor switch on that motor is bad.  That will be tricky to find but it probably out there somewhere.  Just search for Choice Vend motor switch.  Make sure that your push buttons have a spring behind them to recoil the button back out.  

Ok been doing some more experimenting based off of both of ya advice. I got it wired like the diagram with a temp momentary switch.

So with the empty relay open which should prevent it from vending (also it turns the light off when its active which i find odd) tho when i activate the #5 auto vends.

Unplug #5 motor the switch activates and wont release since it did not turn to trip it off.

I unplug the hole wireing harness for #5 motor. When i activate the switch it will not hold the relay. But when i hold the button and push the empty relay in it will vend but got to hold the button in so its not latching. Only thing i havnt done is unsolder the relay switch for that motor in the main relay section

I would suggest swapping the selection switch operating column #5 with any other column and retest.  If the issue moves to the other column, you have a faulty selection switch to replace.

If the issue stays at #5, do the same with the switch cluster on motor 5 and a different motor to see if the issue follows it. 

16 hours ago, Vendo Mike said:

In doing that, you might find that someone incorrectly wired that selection.  Check it against the other switches and/or the wiring diagram to confirm.   

Thank you mike i have troubleshooted and found the bad switch. One other question which dont make scense and im not sure if its made this way or not. But the lights behind the buttons stay lit when there are no drinks but if you press the switch to show there are drinks the light stays off. Is that normal?