Vendo vue 40 panel showing lines

Hello, I have a friend who owns a Vendo vue 40 soda machine and called me asking for help. He says the machine was working fine and had just vended a drink, when the customer went to vend a second drink the arm got stuck so he disconnected the machine and reconnected it. The arm went back into place but now the display is showing lines only when money is inserted. Sounds like it’s taking the bills but no credit is showing on the display, only lines. Is it safe to assume that it’s simply the display panel that needs to be replaced? Any thoughts and/or suggestions on troubleshooting the issue are greatly appreciated. Going to actually see the machine on Monday and it would be helpful to have an idea of what to look for.
Thanks in advance!

Displays normally don’t just crap out when a machine jams. Disconnect the coinage and restart and try to get to the diagnostics menu. 

Where did the hand jam? While picking or delivering to the flap?

On 3/10/2024 at 6:05 AM, Vendo Mike said:

Displays normally don’t just crap out when a machine jams. Disconnect the coinage and restart and try to get to the diagnostics menu. 

Where did the hand jam? While picking or delivering to the flap?

I believe he said it jammed while picking. Again, he said he powered on and off to fix the jam and that worked but after powering on the display only shows lines now. Going to try disconnecting the coin mech and restarting like you suggested. 

On 3/10/2024 at 1:20 AM, AZVendor said:

Power off and on a couple minutes later and see if it resets.  Other than that it's a Vendo Vue, you know......

Haha, yes it’s a Vendo Vue but still a machine nonetheless- so like any piece of machinery I’m hopeful to be able to diagnose the problem and find a solution.

Thank you both for the reply