MEI CF7000 Comms error

A Nayax card reader was stuck on the Nayax logo, so I restarted my crane national 157 to try to solve it. Upon powering the machine back up, the display read please use exact change and now the coin Mech is displaying “disabled by vendor”, but the machine configuration is set for an MDB Mech.

anyone have any ideas?

Disconnect the card reader and see if the machine works fine after. You might then need an eprom update the unknown machine you have this on.

2 minutes ago, AZVendor said:

Disconnect the card reader and see if the machine works fine after. You might then need an eprom update the unknown machine you have this on.

I should have mentioned everything was working fine for weeks until this seemingly random event. Also forgot to mention the coin mech also said “cassette not set” after powering the machine back up

Not sure if this is a permanent fix but I was able to get both the mech and reader working. I reprogrammed the mech to DCA, disabled and re-enabled the mech via the machine configuration and the green LED came back on. 

The card reader (which is brand new, maybe 3 weeks old, but is a replacement for a reader that was RMA-d for this exact reason), was getting hung up on the Nayax logo. I’m able to get around that now by initializing a DEX read, causing the reader to go back to the pay menu.

only other error I got was a “TEMPORARY OUT OF SERVICE” which I read could mean disruption of data stream between the two boards. I looked at the harnesses but everything looked ok. The board LEDs looked normal too.

Anyway, appreciate the help fellas