Laundry Vending vs Snack/Drink

413Vending

Relatively new vendor here. Only ever done snack/drink. Looking at potentially getting into laundry vending - how is the revenue on that compared to snack/drink? For example, it's commonly said that drink > snack. How does laundry stack up? Or, is this too general a question and is it really location dependent.

Don't mess with it.  Let the laundromats do it themselves.  Stick to what you know and you won't have any smelly vending machines left over from it and you won't have to buy a whole new product line.  Otherwise, if you intend to do this, you can vend that stuff from a snack machine, but don't mix laundry products and snacks as the smell that will permeate the cabinet for ever and ever will also contaminate the snack products.  The mark up is still 100% or more so that's simple.  Getting the products to fit in the spirals is not so simple.

• Like 1

I did regular snack/drinks at a couple laundromats but the owner did his own machines for everything else.  One was in a low income area.  It was pretty busy but kids always put trash into the machine jamming it.  People would shake the machines regularly, there were a couple attempted breakins, etc..  They did okay but not good enough to deal with that.

• Like 1

Thanks for your responses! I might just stick to snack and drink. Hypothetically though, if I were to proceed with the laundry machines, where would be the best places to look to buy wholesale laundry products, like small detergent bottles? I'm finding that they're all quite costly. Any expertise would be much appreciated.