Dr. Pepper Machine HELP!

ruraljon

I have been looking for an old Dr. Pepper machine for the garage. I picked one up off Marketplace last weekend. It doesn't vend or cool, though. The fans seem to work. I'm trying to figure out what model this would be. I'm new to vending machines, but I want to learn! Any help with where I can find a manual or help identifying it would be awesome. 

I was told it was originally a Coke machine built at the Coke bottling company in Sardis, MS. Originally it would vend bottles (it does have a bottle opener on the front), but they reworked it for 12 oz. cans and modded the front and sides for Dr. Pepper. 

Pictures are attached! Thanks!

Jon

IMG_5365.jpg

I found the model number (DNCB 180C/150-5), any guidance on where to find video resources to help with torubleshooting?

IMG_5366.jpg

Call a vending repair technician.  You either need freon or a new compressor and you need need someone to troubleshoot the vending issue.  And you thought this was a good idea.  Whatever bull#$@% someone told you about bottles is not true.  This is a 12oz can machine only.  Nobody modded it.  It's always had that door.  The bottles referred to were glass that had bottle caps.  Don't mess with those. 

Thanks for the advice. Curious, if it wasn’t modded from bottles, why is there a bottle opener built into the front?

The machine is very old and when it was built there was still a likelihood that some bottlers around the country still used glass bottles.  That tells you how old this machine is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ruraljon said:

Thanks for the advice. Curious, if it wasn’t modded from bottles, why is there a bottle opener built into the front?

It was built to do either, with the right parts kit but the parts to make it vend glass were never very common and haven’t been made in a long long time. Not that it’s a good idea to vend glass in the first place from one of the these.

The bottle opener was standard in pretty much all Dixie Narcos up until the 90s, even if the machine was never setup to vend glass from the factory.

Edited by orsd