Help with Vending!

I aquired an old Dixie Narco 240 Dr. Pepper vending machine.  It has a mars coin mechanism.  The coin mechanism seems to work fine.  I have the price set to 25 cents and it will take dimes and nickels but no quarters.  I did the training thing to the coin mech and that didn't fix the quarter thing which is fine.  When you put in dimes and nickels, the coin mech will show vend and then you push the button and it won't vend.  I can't figure out why.  The roters all work fine when you put the switches, the lights on the buttons work with "sold out" and full.  What could be the issue?

You have an open vend circuit.  That could be in the selector panel or on one of the motors.  Do all the motor switches look alike when they are at rest?  If one had both switch arms on the high side of the cam or both in one notch then that is not correct.

If you press a selection and nothing happens, can you put more money in?  Does the credit relay ever click when the correct amount is put in?  If you put in more than the vend price, such as 3 dimes, will it pay change?  All or any of these will indicate a motor switch problem. 

7 hours ago, Vendo Mike said:

What kind of coin mech? Do you hear a relay engage ( “click” ) when you reach your vend price?

I do not hear a click when I reach vend price.

3 hours ago, AZVendor said:

You have an open vend circuit.  That could be in the selector panel or on one of the motors.  Do all the motor switches look alike when they are at rest?  If one had both switch arms on the high side of the cam or both in one notch then that is not correct.

If you press a selection and nothing happens, can you put more money in?  Does the credit relay ever click when the correct amount is put in?  If you put in more than the vend price, such as 3 dimes, will it pay change?  All or any of these will indicate a motor switch problem. 

No ... It's not giving me change or clicking when the correct amount is put in. The thing is it was the other day when I first started working on the coin changer so I feel like it's something I did but I can't figure it out. How do I fix a motor switch issue?

6 minutes ago, Shoefunn said:

Yes it is giving me correct change! When I first started working on it it was vending just fine but then I worked on the coin changer a little bit because it wasn't accepting coins. Now it's accepting coins but now it won't vend.