Checking Machines Out Machines In-Person

there are no golden machines, buy what you can use, and what you can repair quickly, some people like vendo, some dixie, some royal, and like me back in the day seaga, choose wisely as they are not easy to move, and should be easy to repair, make sure parts are available, i have since then switched to USI Vendo Royal Dixie :)

Post them here first so you know if it's a decent deal or not.  Test with coins and bills and make sure you can change a price in it.

6 hours ago, NYCandyMaN said:

…..and like me back in the day seaga, choose wisely as they are not easy to move, and should be easy to repair, make sure parts are available, i have since then switched to USI Vendo Royal Dixie :)

Yeah right! You still love seaga, genesis, Gaines, tvc, Antares…

:P

18 hours ago, Noob Vendo 721 said:

What makes a used vending machines golden to buy? Any specific parts I should look at before I purchase?

If you want to put a card reader on a machine, make sure the cord coming from the bill acceptor and coin mech is a white 6-pin MDB connection, not a big black jones plug, or a 9-pin white PULSE connection. This can also help you figure out if the machine is single price or multi-priced, but you can generally figure that stuff out from the machine model number, unless there is a revision kit inside (EX: a crane national 148 snack machine with a InOne revision board, the 148 cannot originally take card readers but with the revision board, it can). General clean-ness of the machine is also a good sign, as oppose to a rusting cabinet. You can always post the machine here as AZ said, we will be sure to help you out! Just make sure to take pictures/videos when you go to see machines if you don't know what your looking for. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2024 at 10:38 PM, tblake05 said:

Yeah right! You still love seaga, genesis, Gaines, tvc, Antares…

:P

I do, but these days I stay simple, Dixie, royal, usi, maybe crane or ap for snack, but that's all, I sold off all the other brands, here's what's going to kill us later on....

1. Either all those crappy brands will die out and be even more worthless than they are today

Or

2. They will come sought after antiques, where we'll look back and say... Damn! If only I held on to it, I'd be richer 🤣 🤑