Common vending machine used in gyms

Hey guys, I'm in talk with a possible gym location. My question is what vending machine is good that is commonly used for a gym location? Assuming they want protein bars and shake or other healthy stuffs only. And what snack/drinks you usually use (brand name). 

Posted (edited)

You won't make any real money or profit in a gym.  Customers there want only normal vending products and the management wants to force healthy crap down their throats.  This is why many gyms do their own vending.  This plus the gym will want an unreasonable commission from you.  I wouldn't put a machine into a gym at all.  The only way I made money from them was to repair their machines or the machines of operators.

Edited by AZVendor

Hi @AZVendor, I talked to the owner today and yes he told me about protein shakes and healthy snack option but he didn't force me to just place healthy items. They don't have snack bar on their site. I offered him 10% commission and he gladly accepted it. I figured I can place vending machine on them since one of my location is a building area where there are bunch of offices, recreation area and a gym too. 

Do what you want and as long as you're willing to move the machine due to poor sales then it's all yours!  If the protein shakes are in square aseptic boxes then they might still be a tough vend for a newer Bevmax, but that's what you'd need to use.  That or  maybe an AMS combo machine.

Thank you AZ Vendor for the advice. Decided to place a combo machine on the gym. I'm glad you are here and the other gurus of vending machine to help us people who are starting a vending service business. Appreciated it so much!

@KrisKLM my .002; @AZVendor has forgotten more about vending than I'll ever know, but we have gym location that does 35K+ yearly. I know another operator in the area with multiple locations like that. 

you WILL need to program it with gym drinks/food- so gym energy drinks (Ghost, RedCon, etc), Tetrapack protein drinks (Lean Body, Muscle Milk, Redcon MRE, etc).

Try running a Jofemar or TCN or SandenVendo belt-based machine for the Tetras as Bevs dont do great with those.

Good Luck