Machine Recs?

Lined up a new account. 50 employees, M-F 6AM-5PM, and I'm looking for machines to best service the account. I was thinking a 4 wide crane (or AP even though I don't own any of those yet so I'd be more unfamiliar) and something like a Dixie 276e. Both machines need credit card readers. Any other recommended slimmer drink machine models that are workhorses? 

The doorway I need to get through is 33 1/2 inches wide. 

Then you need to be newer than the 110 series, so a 123 or newer. Personally, I would take an AP7600 and do an InOne kit any day of the week, if you can buy the 7600 at a good enough price for that.

The 7600 is a 5-wide though, right? I need a four wide, or a machine that has the knock out panels on the top & bottom so I can get through a narrow doorway. 

Posted (edited)

Well, it's the same family as the 6600, so....  I did once find a Sam Ash store that my customer couldn't get his 6600 into due to a small doorway.  He had to find a shallow cabinet version, which AP made in that series, that could fit through the doorway.  The deeper 6000 is called the 6000XL in the manual.  The shallow one is what you need as the XL is 33" on it's narrowest side.  The shallow one is 27 5/8" deep but it doesn't hold much product.

Edited by AZVendor

I might go with a crane national 158 since I know it will have the knock out panels and will hold a decent amount of product, but will look into APs in the future. I've seen you touting their reliability in several threads. 

On 5/19/2024 at 12:07 PM, Fermo Vending said:

I might go with a crane national 158 since I know it will have the knock out panels and will hold a decent amount of product, but will look into APs in the future. I've seen you touting their reliability in several threads. 

The 158 is good.  You just want to make sure it's been updated to the latest eprom version which I have forgotten but it required to allow for card readers.  Also, the 157/158 may have shelf harnesses or pins.  You really want harnesses.  A 158 with shelf harnesses and latest eprom is practically identical to a 168 which are great IMO 

Excellent to know. Yes, all of my 157s have the pin connectors on the back of the trays. If I proceed with the 158 I'll ensure it has the most recent eprom & the harness connections, if possible. How much worse are the pin connectors? Are they much more difficult to repair and replace? 

There is a kit from Vendors Exchange that changes the rear contact connectors to board driven harnesses.  It take about 2 hours to do on location. 

On 5/23/2024 at 11:08 AM, Fermo Vending said:

Excellent to know. Yes, all of my 157s have the pin connectors on the back of the trays. If I proceed with the 158 I'll ensure it has the most recent eprom & the harness connections, if possible. How much worse are the pin connectors? Are they much more difficult to repair and replace? 

The issue is that the locking clips on either side of the tray become worn and the pins don't make proper contact in the back of the tray.  If they are worn enough, simply vending some items may be enough to cause a loose connection and the entire tray may say "make another selection" and let the customer buy nothing.  It can be an absolute headache for you and the customer.