Eddie Bauer Locator

G-Vending

Overall, I am a...  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Overall, I am a...

• Satisfied Customer
    • Neutral Customer
    • Un-Satisfied Customer

Thanks alot... It just bothers me a little. When you leave an Email you expect a response. I check my Emails every day and respond to everyone i get ( Except the junk mail ) everyday. It's like having a cell phone and not answering it when someone calls you. I Have a full time job so I cant be on my cell phone discussing placement of my machines while I'm supposed to be working.

Again thanks again for the  #s. I will find a way to call them or I will find a locator that can answer my questions via Email.

his email is on the forum. I have no problems with his replies in a timely manner.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I sent an Email on the 21st and 22nd of this month and still haven't heard from him. I'll give him a couple more days. He might be swamped.

the bad thing about emails, did he get it? did it go to his spam folder...leave

him a msg for call back to make sure he got it...

• 1 month later...

Decided to give EB a shot with full line locating: 1 bev/1 snack.  If performance is good will go for some more sites. 

Quick response to my emails last night, shot $200 to him via Paypal last night, and I had a call from his associate, Eric, to follow up a few details this morning.  Eric thought we might see something by Friday.  Will post update.

• 4 weeks later...

The truth about locators is this:  everyone of them is swamped unless you are a newbie trying to set up shop.  Then  it will only take a couple of months and you will also be swamped. If you take deposits the law of large numbers will soon catch up to you and you will not have time to service all of the clients that sent money. So everything comes to a halt and you try to get things back on track. Sometimes you do and sometimes you don't ever recover.

There is such a shortage of locators it is unbelievable.  I spoke to Joe at A&M Equipment in Atlanta yesterday.  He tells me in his 20 plus years of doing business Blue Moose is the only group going out and getting large accounts for clients.  So if you hear that we are expensive, there is a reason.  We are swamped all of the time. I am not trying to sound really important, I am just trying to explain why it is so hard to find locators. If the locator is any good at what they do, they will be so busy they will be buried in no time. For Bill and I to get an appointment in one account with 100 plus employees we average 100 phone calls, 3 research hours and we pay for data reports.  Then its not a given that we will close the account, we have worked that hard just to try and close the account.

One of my suggestions would be this for some of you.  If you can find 3 other business people looking for the same type of accounts in your area, band together.  Hire a salesman and share their cost.  Accounts will be assigned on a rotation basis.  If someone continues to receive subpar locations on their rotation, make it right for them and give them the next solid account.  This would even work with bulk machines. 

I know many of you have used Eddie and had good results.  You know he certainly gets out there and works.  Try to cut him some slack.  G-Vending I told you sometime ago that you service an area that does not have a lot of good vending locations.  You have a hotel, motel mix and those are tough markets.  When I mentioned it you said there were thousands of people that visited that area.  Well they are thousands of people that visit Gatlinburg TN too but I would never want to try and place full line equipment in that area.

So I am contining to try and figure out how you can find ways to grow your business without have total dependence on paying locators.  That should be part of your business mix but not your entire growth department.

Blue

PopLady,

That was one of the better posts I have seen about locators.

I used to sell merchant services (credit card processing).  I still do, I just don't focus on it.  Anyways, I churned telemarketers like there was no tomorrow.  I feel vendors expect miracles from the locator, it just does not happen. 

When you say merchant services are you talking about ATM's.  If so, they always seemed like such an easy sell to me but boy was I wrong.  They are as hard to locate as a full bank of vending machines.  Nothing comes easy anymore does it.

Blue

Sounds like the same ole Eddie to me. He is part magician. G-Vending wouldn't listen to me either.

I think the problem with Eddie is his side kick Eric....

If I don't get my location in next day or to i will be forced to tell what Eric did to me..

When I ran my vending business I was so scared when I had to hire my first vending manager.  I had no idea how I was going to train them, then it dawned on me.  I wasn't going to train anyone, they were going to train me and give me results or I would not keep them full time after my probation period.  One their first day they should know exactly what do to and do it. I wanted someone that  I could send staff to when I didn't know the answer...

On the first appointment I had 3 different coin mechs and 3 different validators on a table.  I had 3 machines that needed them.  The machines were empty, they had to be loaded, mechs and coin put in them.  I also had a couple of snack machines and a very dirty coffee machine.  At the end of an hour I would check to see how they did...and if all of the machines worked.  I didn't hire the one that got the most work done, I hired the one that stuck a note on the coffee machine that said "If you ever plan on serving coffee again out of this I don't want the job"

If you hire a sales person you hire the oned that does the best job of selling you.  You pay them min. wage and commission on their sales.  You put them on a 90 day probation, see how they do and if it works out you put them on full time and adjust their commissions a little higher.

Hope this helps.

Bev

Sorry JP we have gotten off track with this locator discussion and ended of talking about hiring sales people.  We need to get back on track.  So lets talk about Eddie and see how he's doing with everyones problems.  I will PM Rich.

Blue Moose

Ron here is your email on Oct 9Th about the poor performing location. How has it been 2 months. I do not offer a performance warranty but did not want to leave you in a poor location...so this is a freebee and your still complaining. We secured the location,you went and checked it out and gave it your approval and placed your machine there. You had the right of refusal and still placed it.

we are not perfect but no need for exaggeration. then you emailed me about a machine you had for months that you never placed an order with us to locate and we are to blame for that also.

How many did we secure for you? How many are doing 10 bucks? and furthermore you said yes when we asked you if you wanted the leads also...the ones that wanted a face to come visit before committing and now your complaining about that.

How did we, as you put it, screw ourselves out of business? you want us to place for you for free.

no thanks

here is your email on the 9th

Reply |Ronald Gee to me

show details Oct 9

No you don't own me a location did get one that is not doing but 10.00 a week on a combo but it is not in storage so i guess it is OK...

Make a deal you find a location no just a lead and before you give me information i will send money..I am not trying to say you are out to screw me over but have had leads no locations..

Here in about 2 week i will be in bulk vending and will need a few locations..Have got a few of them a home already.

steve(zanygames) leave some feed back on this thread for us. I know you did on the locator discusion thread but some only see this.

seems like some folks are slow to leave good feed back and some very quick to leave bad,even when they no experience with me what so ever.

kelly,do you still only have 19 gumball machines out. No wonder you have time for over 1100 posts on here giving your opinion with no experience to back it up about me.  get to work man. thats more posts than bev,rob and me combined and we're in this business full time : )

any of my clients who have orders and are unhappy they don't have there locations yet send me an email and your money wil be back in your paypal account Today.

that way the last feed back you can leave on me is positive..."eddie refunded my money right away"

Archived