Follow My Progress...Fail / Succeed LIVE!!

dsimms

Hello fellow members,

I have decided to start a thread on where others can follow my progress...

I will not promise that I will not disappear like some others have :)  Maybe

the vending hit squad got them or something, who knows.

I am very new and raw to this. in fact I am so new that I have 0 machines, but hey, I guess

we all have to start someplace...

a little about myself, my name is david....ok lets move on :)  I earn $5k/mo from my employment. I do

have a lot of time on my hands, and quite a bit of disposable income, and cash on hand, but even

so, I am very cautious on what I spend money on, how it is spent, and will it be making me $$$

at some point in the future. So I hope some of you follow me along in this new venture, maybe

you can offer your advice/support, which would be most welcome.

You can follow my progress. Will I fail, succeed, die of a heart attack...See it when it happens, LIVE!!  (more to come)

(

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome David. I hope your thread lasts. OOC, what do you do for a living? Are you married, and if so, how does your spouse feel about your endeavor? By the time you get into this, you should be able to put together a hundred different bits of good advice from the forum. I'll start with one: Do not buy new vendstars from the biz-op company.

This is going to get good! I like stuff like this.  I started posting about my crane experience, but for double top secret reasons I needed to go underground for a while.  When I start posting about my crane again, it has taken quite a twist.  

Anyway......... Here is my offer to you - If you commit to keep posting, I will send you your first bulk machine (it will be used but in good condition) for FREE!  Just send me a PM, tell me what type of wheels you want (bulk or gumball) and I will ship it out for free.  You also have your choice of a A&A Global PO89 or an Oak Vista.  It will be a 2 head configuration.

Now here is the catch.  #1 Commit to keep posting #2 15% of sales on this machine must be donated to Vendiscuss (Quarterly) ;D

Up for the challenge?!

I started posting about my crane experience, but for double top secret reasons I needed to go underground for a while.

Don't worry BP, I'm not interested in the crane biz.  ;D

Welcome David. I hope your thread lasts. OOC, what do you do for a living? Are you married, and if so, how does your spouse feel about your endeavor? By the time you get into this, you should be able to put together a hundred different bits of good advice from the forum. I'll start with one: Do not buy new vendstars from the biz-op company.

I can not say what I do for a living. I am under obligated contracts...do not worry, I have no plot

to take over the world, I am not that ambitious :)  Yes, I am married, wife does not have a problem,

infact, at some point, I may even recruit her, for something anyway :)  she is fairly smart, has

a good deal insight on business, so she could be really helpful when it comes time to decide

on this or that, what sells, what doesnt...etc...

I really do not like these replies as text is limited, I hope admin will increase this a bit more...

(I am scared of the double top secret crane guy now)  ;)

(more to come)

\\\\

Good luck David!

I have added this thread to my watch list so I'll be following along!  :D

Thank-You

Too let you guys know. I just recently ended a business that I was in...

I think my total investment was about $10-$12,000 - Its not that I

failed at the business. I truly underestimated on how brutal carpet

cleaning is...making $500 a weekend, and during the week is no problem.

If you are not fit, then carpet cleaning will beat you down flat, everytime.

I had no problem getting customers. I just did not realize how brutal, and

how hard this type of work actually was...but anyway...I had to listen to

my wife golpher about that for a bit...but I told her if I sold my entire package,

then I would give her money, she is now ok with that :)  on to something new.... 

I'm not sure I follow you. What needs increasing?

replies are very limited as far as how many char are concerned...

you get a good paragraph going, and before you know it, it stops,

and will not allow anymore text...then you have to click post, just

to start again...

Hmm,

I haven't come across that yet nor have I heard about it from others. We already have some very lengthy posts here. I will see what I can do. I certainly don't want anyone to have to limit their post length if they have something good to say.

Hmm,

I haven't come across that yet nor have I heard about it from others. We already have some very lengthy posts here. I will see what I can do. I certainly don't want anyone to have to limit their post length if they have something good to say.

Maybe it is because I am new. Is there a char limit for forum newbies?

No. The character limit for all members per post is set to 20,000. I can increase it if you really want to express yourself.  ;D

well, we would not want this to affect my failing or succeeding...

my business failed because I was only able to type so many char... ;)

update:

I have just ordered 6 brand new VendStar 3000 machines. These machines are like a dime a dozen around the internet. I do know if you were to get them from vendstar then they would cost around $350/each...It does concern me seeing all this machines forsale...if they are forsale, it means they did not succeed at what they are doing, otherwise they would be placed, at least making some sort of money, and not up forsale...any comments on this? Why are so many forsale? Its good for me as i can get them a lot cheaper, but it also leaves room for question on why so many are forsale..this means whoever bought them from vendstar paid a boat load of money for them, and now they are taking heavy losses on selling them, as I said, I just ordered 6 of them, and paid only $535 including shipping, so hopefully I will see them come in by next week sometime, this will give me some time to keep reading and doing more research...

as for finding a legit vending location service...I think I will be going with:

www.eddiebauervending.com

I will only be placing 5 units at a time. if he pulls through, he will

get another 5, and so on, so any comments you have on eddie would be appreciated.

Maybe it is because I am new. Is there a char limit for forum newbies?

I'm getting the same problem.

BUT, the system doesn't stop you from posting larger posts, it just stops following your letters as you key them (hope that makes sense).

But, I can see where someone would think you weren't allowed to type any further when this occurs.

Put another way, once my post gets to a certain length the window we type our posts in will no longer scroll down automatically. So as I'm typing, I'm typing 'blindly' since I can't see what I'm typing without manually going to the right hand scroll bar and manually scrolling down. Then if I start typing again, the window immediately goes up so that I can't see what I'm typing again. The scroll bar I'm using is not from my window, but the smaller one immediately to the right of the space used to key your posts.

Now, I'm sure I've completely confused everyone....sorry.  :D

I'm getting the same problem.

BUT, the system doesn't stop you from posting larger posts, it just stops following your letters as you key them (hope that makes sense).

But, I can see where someone would think you weren't allowed to type any further when this occurs.

Put another way, once my post gets to a certain length the window we type our posts in will no longer scroll down automatically. So as I'm typing, I'm typing 'blindly' since I can't see what I'm typing without manually going to the right hand scroll bar and manually scrolling down. Then if I start typing again, the window immediately goes up so that I can't see what I'm typing again. The scroll bar I'm using is not from my window, but the smaller one immediately to the right of the space used to key your posts.

Now, I'm sure I've completely confused everyone....sorry.  :D

that is annoying...it acts like you can not type any futher when you type so much out, then boom..i need to be

able to type without a hinder, or typing blindly, that does not make much sense....I can not even hit return for the next line without running into some tyhpe of problem....I am notnow sorta typeing blindly as I can barely see what I am typing...this is very annoying...

update:

I ordered 6 VendStar Triples today. I paid $535 for them, and another user basicly said

I paid too much...thanks for making me feel like crap..but it is what it is...lesson

learned.

I did see 8 VendStar forsale on ebay for $199 - is that a good deal?

regardless, I just recd fedex tracking information, my new vendstar machines

should be here saturday...fedex runs on saturday? Thats movie day for god sakes...

I guess it is time to start thinking what I would like in these machines. I am not really

sure what would be a good or even decent seller. I guess I should order some labels

for the machines, and once the machines get here, I will be talking to a locator, which

I am talking too right now...and we will see how this goes...

See it as I see it... LIVE!!!  Feel the Action! :)

Fun thread!

I wish you success!

David

Thank-You

I got some news guys...tell me what you think...

I just ran across a route that is forsale in my area for $995

Seller has 21 VenStar  Machines - 14 are placed.

I think I will contact the seller, and see if I can get some

more exact information on his business.

How do you guys

handle a route purchase from a seller? Do you just give

them money, and hope you still have control of the route

when you service the machines.