Old Navy Outrage!!

kai1836

This afternoon I go into old navy and guess what they're branching into these days?? Yep it seems someone or old navy themselves are dipping their toes into the bulk vending biz. I would guess though that old navy is doing it as some kind of Christmas promotion as they were selling 49mm superballs for 25cents. Has anyone else seen this in their area?

Old Navy has had large spiral machines in their stores for many years.  They are typically placed in the merchandise area of the store rather than by the front doors.  They usually vend large BB's and 2' toy capsules and use a Northern Beaver coin mech.  Some have been removed over the years but some stores still have them.  

When I posted the "Mother Load" thread, the guy was selling 6 of these machines for a great price. Here is a pic of what they look like(It's the machine in the back, to the right of the NW Tripleplay).

-Steve

post-1116-129433930801_thumb.jpg

When I posted the "Mother Load" thread, the guy was selling 6 of these machines for a great price. Here is a pic of what they look like(It's the machine in the back, to the right of the NW Tripleplay).

-Steve

Those are Mega-Toy machines.  I am very familiar with those.  I have several of them out in the wild and I still have a few in captivity. I suppose I can try and get them set free in Old Navy.

• 2 weeks later...

Mega-Toy's are also no longer being made.  Makes me think that they got them locally and only for those stores where you found them at.  I don't think that they are doing it all over the place.

The Old Navy near me also has a large bouncy ball machine at the door.  But it's their property and they have a right to have their own machines just like any other business owner that may kick us out to have their own stuff.  I don't like it either, but that's part of the business.  Kinda like swimming in the ocean, when you swin in the shark's house sometimes you get bit.

BTW, I removed my Old Navy for poor perfromance.  Not sure what happened.  It started out real well and just died.  An ideal spot really - no competitors and a younger work staff.

Jax

I have had a double head candy at my local Old Navy for 2 years.  There has always been a a big gumball machine and a big 2" superball machine around.  I average 30 bucks per month with gumballs and Ikes in the break room..