New From South Florida

bldiener

Hey everyone my name is Brian and I am from Boca Raton florida. I am looking to start in the vending biz. I am 17 years old and was able to pick up 25 AA Machines all on double stands and one rack on craigslist for $100 total. I think I got a great deal and I cant wait to start. Are their any people local to south floida on here I would love to chat.

Welcome Brian, Not from Florida but ask anything you want.  This is the best place to get answers about vending.  And yes you got a really good deal.  Start with getting a few cleaned up and filled.  Then try to locate them.

Hillbilly

Dude!!!!!  That is an awesome start. I am 54 with a degree in Mechanical Engineering and started in the vending business a little more than a year ago. We have 400 machines here in Costa Rica. I just love this business. Now, I wonder different my life would have been had I picked up 25 machines when I was 17? And then added 25 every 6 months until I was 21 and then 25 every 3 months from 25-54?...you do the math, I am retarded...ooops..semi-retired.

Pura Vida,

Jeff

Yea, I really think that vending could be a great opportunity for me.

I have been down to costa rica 3 or 4 times and it is a great place. I would be that you do not have nearly have as much competition as their is in the states.

My plan is to get my first 25 machines out and slowly buy more and move on to offer more vending products and machines. Money is not a huge factor as I have done really well with other small business ventures even at my age so I have some start up money and even a car to service my machines and stuff.

This week I am going to try and locate 5 machines and do that every week for a little while. I have already talked to family friends to start with who are doctors and shop owners and they are going to put machines up.

Thanks

Wait, you mean 25 doubles for $100?  $2 a head, with the stands thrown in?  How did you get such a deal?

Honestly, mail them to me, and I will triple your money, and pay for the shipping too.

Get just a few of those machines placed in decent locations, any you will be making back your investment each month.

Other then buying candy, and other business supplies, you may never have to sink another dollar into your business.  Just take all the profits and reinvest.  Then do it again.

This forum is one of, if not the best resources on Vending on the internet.  Read up as much as you can here.

With 25 machines to place, try to keep from buying more until you have most of these machines placed.  It is too easy to fall into the trap of buying more and more machines, and not placing them, or holding on to a ton of machines before they can ever be placed.

Well unless you find another deal as good as this one that is.

I got 25 heads I guess you would call them its like 12 doubles and a single and then the rack has 4 machines on it too plus the large three candy machine.

I thought it was a great deal

I also have a ton of spare parts locks, and other random parts.

Thats great advice about not buying anymore until I place them all first, unless I find another deal like this one.

• 1 month later...