My KSL experience

jayhawk22

Figured I would share with you guys my story with KSL.  So far they have gotten me 2 locations that I have accepted.  One was an Italian restaurant that should be a good location & the other is a decent hotel that should do ok.  I am kind of frustrated because I paid extra for restaurant locations & they have got me motels & convenience stores that I have turned down.  I also tried to deliver a sticker machine to a Chinese restaurant that KSL got me & they already had one (the exact same Brand 4 column!).  I am patiently waiting for them to contact the locations on my wish list.  Also, what do I have to do to get a response?!  No answered phone calls & no returned e-mails!  I will remain patient though & let them work their magic.

Jay,

Thanks for the post!

Hey listen, if for some reason you haven't had a response, please send a message via VENDiscuss and I will personally check your account.  You should always receive prompt responses from us.  It's possible your email may be getting blocked from us because we are always responding to email very promptly.  At any rate, my apologies!  We want you 100% satisfied and we're going to work harder to make sure it happens. 

Have a great one!

Regards,

Rob

Rob.  The italian restaurant you got me has two other locations that are operated by the same owner.  They are called Napolis & I put them on my wish list.

no offonce Rob,but jayhawk if he got you in one of the guys location why dont you get the other 2 yourself?

I have a very tight schedule & do not have alot of extra time for locating.  I don't mind paying for locations if it frees my time up for servicing accounts.

so you cant take the time to ask the owner while your there serviceing the machine?  get 2 free locations in 5-10 minutes and start serviceing a little late.you know how many locations you need to service to make that money you would save doing it yourself?

I wish one of my location owners had 2 other potential locations,I`d have some form of vending machine in all of his establishments

The location is out of town so it is not like driving 5 minutes to get a yes or no.  Plus the other locations are in 2 other towns and the managers also have a say if they want the machines.  So it will be alot easier for me to let KSL contact them.

Also, I figure I would have to service 1/4 of a location to pay the location fee.  So I Guess I will let Rob do it! 

I dont understand what you mean by this.are you saying your rack makes $800 a month?this figure  is based on 2  $100 locateing fees and 1/4 of a location.

I understand how it could be inconvenient  to you to locate the machine yourself.If it were me that got a machine in the owners location I would go to his others in a heartbeat.I would play the owner ok`ed one in his place can I put this machine here?I would take a couple of $25 darden restaurants gift cards (choice of 4 restaurants) and offer him one if he needs help makeing a decision and pull the other one out if he still cant decide!if he still says no you keep the cards and Rob will know not to call there for your new locations.

OK..........I get it.......You would try to get the location yourself........cool.......I've been doing this for over 10 years, have over 200 locations & sales north of $200,000 a year.......So I think I'll do it my way..........I am getting a candy cart ready for a mall & prepping a jewelry crane for the same location.  So excuse me if I don't want to spend my limited time getting 2 locations.......Also, the locating fee is $55 a spot so redo your math!

OK..........I get it.......You would try to get the location yourself........cool.......I've been doing this for over 10 years, have over 200 locations & sales north of $200,000 a year.......So I think I'll do it my way..........I am getting a candy cart ready for a mall & prepping a jewelry crane for the same location.  So excuse me if I don't want to spend my limited time getting 2 locations.......Also, the locating fee is $55 a spot so redo your math!

well............................I dont get you math............................you locations make $220 every month?.............................wow you make 200k a year......................you must be really rich

This 'math' is making my head hurt. Only a few of my locations do that type of gross sales($1000.00?). Are you sure you did mean to state $100.00?

If I am wrong, let me know. We are in this business pretty big in several countries who do not have as much competition as the US, Where do you operate?

I operate in KS, OK, NE & MO.  The math is quite easy, $110 (the cost for 2 locations) is 25% of $440.  It is amazing how much you can make when you sell more than candy!  Also, it is "your" math & "your" locations!

No problem james.  I have built my company from the ground up.  I got all my own locations & bought several other vending companies.  So now it is kinda nice to let someone else get me locations.  $55 for a location seems like a bargain to me!