Relaunch: Small jobs only

Ethical Locator

Fellow Forum Members. 

Ethical Locators has been inactive for a little more than half a year. We are going to try a partial relaunch under new rules and new operating basis.

For the time being we are only accepting small jobs and I and I alone will be doing all the work.  If I can not start a job within 10 days I will not commit to it.  My prices will be a bit lower than I used to charge but I currently haven't figured out a special offer for forum members.

My operation is now a one man band.  Where before I had as many as a dozen locators and three or four office staff now I will need to keep things simple.I can only accept new work if the vendor agrees to inspect the locations and accept or reject  them within 24-48 hours.  I am willing to accept payment as we go without a deposit or other upfront costs.  As before, rejected locations will not count  and won't be billed for.  Kicked out machines will be relocated at no extra charge if removed within the first 90 days and at half price if after 90 days.

Our business was previously very succesful with dozens of satisfied customers.  I can provide references from clients who remain enthusiastic active accounts with us.  When we had problems we did generate a few unhappy customers.  This was very painful to me and I refuse to allow that to stand.  I am ready to work out a restitution plan with any forum members for whom we fell short of satsifactory service.  Fortunately, this is a small number of people when compared to the total size of our customer base. If you were caught up in our previous troubles and want to work out a solution to restore good faith and feeling please PM me and we will figure it out.

If you are a new customer I can promise these old difficulties will never be your worry so long as we stick to the new rules listed above.  You will join our long list of very happy customers.

Thank you and God Bless.

Aside from the forthcoming "special offer" for forum members, what are your prices?

What form of payment do you accept?

Is getting kicked out the only way to get replacements through your service?

What types of locations are you doing now...all forms of bulk and/or full-line?

do you need payment upfront or once a location is found?I have paid a locator upfront to find me a location and it is takeing a bit too long.I dont want to be out double the money can you arrange payments upon finding the location?I only need 1 location for an oscars wild ride machine.

Thank you for your reply.

I don't require payment upfront so long as we can agree that you will inspect the location and either accept it or reject it within 24 hours of my finding it for you. We would work on a pay as you go basis.  So if you accept 3 locations today you send me payment for 3 tomorrow.  I really want to keep it that simple.

Also, please install the machines right away as location agreements tend to have a shelf life of about 3 days.  You will find people frequently change their minds if you make them wait more than 3 days for the machine.

Right now I am charging $40 for a typical gumball/bulk vending machine location secured over the phone.  I would need to see a picture of the machine or get some specs if your equipment is something different before I can offer a price.  Normally I charge by the type and size of location for snack and soda machines and other large items.

For some kinds of equipment its not the machine that determines value, its the location you put it in. well... that's probably true for any vending equipment.

Hey folks, just so you know...

I'm giving Robert/Ethical a chance.

What he states he went through with Ethical is very understandable.

In any industry, sometimes businesses can grow too big too fast only to find themselves out-of-business when they can't handle the strain of the increased demands.

I put my order with him this evening.

I just spoke to him by phone and it certainly sounds promising.

I will report my experience as soon as I have something to report.

Thank you for your reply.

I don't require payment upfront so long as we can agree that you will inspect the location and either accept it or reject it within 24 hours of my finding it for you. We would work on a pay as you go basis.  So if you accept 3 locations today you send me payment for 3 tomorrow.  I really want to keep it that simple.

Also, please install the machines right away as location agreements tend to have a shelf life of about 3 days.  You will find people frequently change their minds if you make them wait more than 3 days for the machine.

Right now I am charging $40 for a typical gumball/bulk vending machine location secured over the phone.  I would need to see a picture of the machine or get some specs if your equipment is something different before I can offer a price.  Normally I charge by the type and size of location for snack and soda machines and other large items.

For some kinds of equipment its not the machine that determines value, its the location you put it in. well... that's probably true for any vending equipment.

your terms so far are acceptable to me too.here is a link for oscar in action,with that you should be able to determine a price.

I will pay as soon as I accept the location and not the next day as you suggest too.

• 2 weeks later...

Have either of you received a location from Ethical yet?

I have a lead given to me in record time but I cant go show them the oscars wild ride machine since I am still on vacation.I do know the place and if they accept my machine it will do great,.while leads may not be apealling to many of us includeing me, I know this pizzeria has been in operation since before I was born so it most likely go under anytime soon.plus it is a block away from another pizzeria I have a shooting hoops in,so for me  it is worth trying.if anything I will go service my locations while I am there and write the trip off,but once they see this machine I am sure they will take it.

Have either of you received a location from Ethical yet?

Yes!

I have gotten 3 locations from the "new" Ethical so far.

There was a 4th but I declined it.

1st location: 3 column flat vendor. Burger joint that had plenty of machines in it already, but I left a machine anyway.

I'm not sure how it'll do with all of the "competition" but I didn't turn it down because the joint has a good flow of business.

2nd location: 2 head toy/candy double. Mexican restaurant that seemed to have a good flow of people. I was there at what most restaurants consider a "slow" time (2pm) and a few groups of people were going in and out while I was there. Again, there were other machines there, but I took a gamble because of traffic flow.

3rd location: 3 column flat vendor. Burger Joint with a small game room attached. The game room had a 5 way rack, but no flat vends. The plus here is that the owner/mgr had me put my machine in the dining area in front of the game room...much better visibility that the rack hidden in a corner of the dark game-room.

The 4th location: re-sell clothing store. A little too high-end -- sold mostly designer stuff and had expensive furniture/fixtures. The machine may have done ok, but just didn't look/feel right. It would have been waaaay out of place.

4 locations in a little over 1 week and 3 of them acceptable to me?

Not to mention, i think some other vendors would have taken the 4 location.

So some of you can consider Ethical at 4-for-4 with me.

That's a GREAT job in my book.

Please note: Ethical was only working with 2 zip codes.

In my experience, some locators don't even AVERAGE 1 location per zip.

Over-all, I am very satisfied with what Ethical has done for me so far.