Neighborhood Pool

Boazcat

I just got offered a neighborhood pool location.  I would say it is an upper-middle class neighborhood with no other competition (stores) within walking distance.  Have you all had good luck with these?  I realize it will really only work during the warm months...

Is it worth it?

Thanks,

Michael

I service a bunch of seasonal pool/park locations, they can do great with the right demographic of people there but can also be a read dud. but for me they all have third party machines located there so its not using up my resources all winter then they are shut down.

I have in years past had very good success with seasonal pools. I have used third party machines in these locations as well due to concerns of vandalism. Even if you have to spend 500 or so for an older machine, chances are better then even you'll make your money back the first month or so.

• 3 months later...

Less than $10/week?:huh:???/  WTH?:huh:  no offense but my worst two days combined pulled more than $10! and it is just an outside machine!

3 summers ago I was reading in the paper that the city hired a vendor for sodas and agreed on a 25% commission.  but then 3wks later the life guard shack was selling the same stuff for about a quarter less in most cases. Which was rather crappy in my opinion!

But anyways, the vendor was suing the city for breech of contract due to the non compete clause that was in the contract that they both signed.

to make the long story short, the city bought the machines from the vendor and more less paid him to drop the case and keep his mouth shut.

Yeah, something isn't right.  I am taking that newer machine out to a new location and put an older in it's place.  Weird thing...  I went today to switch machines and pulled out $5 for one day.  Oh well... 

Yeah, something isn't right.  I am taking that newer machine out to a new location and put an older in it's place.  Weird thing...  I went today to switch machines and pulled out $5 for one day.  Oh well... 

are your products sold matching your sales?  maybe there is a glitch?  are you sure every column is vending properly?

• 4 weeks later...

It must have been the other machine...  I went today and pulled $30 out for one week.  That almost beat the whole month of June! :o

I've got one more month to make some $$ before they close on Labor Day.

Michael

Not as important now that you swapped the machine out, but yes, does the cash collected roughly match the # of cans sold?  You do not want to be free vending!  :o

Yes, the numbers add up.  That other machine had two major malfunctions where I found almost $10 worth of change jammed up inside of it.  (Raisins can really muck up those mechs!)

After that it was just sporadic.  Sometimes it took their money, sometimes it gave extra change to the next person.  Sometimes it worked fine.  That machine has been refurbished and is doing great at a new place.

Michael