$1000.00 DAYS!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

...I wonder what a location that does 800-$1000 K/week costs to buy...

I`ve never had one that does 1K a week but have a couple and have had some that hit the 500-800 week number. Cost to get will vary wildly. For me these type of accounts are worth investing in new or class A used. Can, Bottle, Snack and Frozen, maybe OCS. It can as little as 5-8K to as much as your willing to pay.

Had a cement plant a number of years ago. Put 30K of equipment in there due to thee break areas. It was breakeven most of the year...... until they did annual shutdown for maint. work. For 2-4 weeks it woud do 1K+ a day. It was a total _$$ kicker but WOW. Lost it when new mgmt came in but almost got it back last year..... still trying.

I had the rare opportunity to come across a large mfg in California with 450 employees running a couple of shifts.  I worked for 3 months bringing it to a close with a very experienced vendor.  We worked together as a tag team keeping in touch with the account but not pressing them.  Finally they sat down and signed a 5 year contract.  They needed a total of 18 machines.  From a large breakroom set up to different sites around the plant grounds. My vendor has 3rd party machines from both Coke and Pepsi so that helped them keep the equipment cost down but they had to spend for the other equipment from water filtration systems, coffee set ups, cold food and all of the other stuff.  They also cater a big Christmas party for the staff each year.

That account brought the vendor from $400 to $500 a day on average 6 days a week.

My fee was $15K which the vendor paid one half at contract signing and the balance upon installation.  I was very nervous and did not touch the money until the machines were on site because I knew so many things can go wrong on these big accounts but it was so smooth.  We worked closely with the previous vendor who was very cooperative in the process.  They pulled out in the morning as our vendor set up behind them.  Larger vending operators never seem to go crazy when they lose a large account because they want the management to feel comfortable calling them back if the new company drops the ball. 

This company is one of the best vending operators to work with because they take 50 employee accounts with the same appreciation as those big accounts.  Our most recent closing with this group was a large resort in Palm Springs.  It was an all male nude resort which I thought might be difficult for them to handle but in typical California style they never even mentioned the obvious...plus they report great earnings from that account.

Hope this helps give you an idea of the possible costs...

Our most recent closing with this group was a large resort in Palm Springs.  It was an all male nude resort which I thought might be difficult for them to handle but in typical California style they never even mentioned the obvious...plus they report great earnings from that account.

Just wondering, any idea where they carry their cash and change?  :huh: ??? :huh: ??? ;D

I think that he is looking more for advice on building a route where he can pull $1,000.00 a day. My first suggestion would be to  do snack and soda only locations, no more soda only locations. That alone will make a major difference in the business. If you are doing soda and snack then your average revenue per stop will go way up, as well as the type of business you service. With soda machines already in stock then the only cost is the snack machine and cost of acquiring the location.

On the change issue I am not sure...on the building the route issue I think you really need to do both drink and snack to hit that goal.  Very hard to do with just soda.

B

...I wonder what a location that does 800-$1000 K/week costs to buy...

I have 6 veteran full line vendors here in Houston that buy 2 or 3 locations a month from me. We sat down and came up with this for pricing.

When they ck out a location we go over the employee count and estimated foot traffic  and come up, based on our experience with that type of location, what it would gross a month and that's the price.

So basically I charge what ever I/we think it would gross(not the net) a month.

It seems to work face to face and we are surprisingly accurate most of the time. and when I locate around the country I use the same sort of rule to set pricing but just based on what I think it would do based on feed back from experienced vendors who buy locations from me.

probably would not work on all locations but we've been doing it this way here for 7 or so months and it seems to be fair and has  worked pretty good so far.