Saturday morning project

Hillbilly

I spent the morning cleaning and refurbishing these 2 Oaks.  Total cost was less than $65.00.  Including the stand and shipping.  Thought some new guys would enjoy the pics.  Now to get them located.

Hillbilly

Good looking machines Hillbilly!  Do you have any problems with the tops scratching when you service them?  Or do you remove you keey from the ring toprevent dragging the others across the top?  Just curious as I have been experimenting with paint on some of my not so hot looking chorme tops.

Will: Help yourself to the purple.  This is called Plum.

Jeremy: I take the key off my ring before I service.  I also went over everything with a couple coats of clear.  It will take a while before I can tell if it helps with the lid  scratching though.

Great job Hillbilly!

Also if anyone is interested, to avoid scratching the lids you can get an old mousepad and cut a hole in the center. Just place the pad over the top of the machine with the hole over the lock. This will protect from scratching. You can also use pot holders, placemats, or a simple terry cloth towel.  I like the mousepads because they are a perfect size.

I started doing this after it became a PITA for me to remove the key from the ring all the time.

I'd like to see a new category about refurbishing old machines and pictures as well.

Well if you think there will be enough interest and participation, I can run it by the boss.  ;D

That was my intent. To show others that the used ones can be just as nice as new ones. With a little elbow grease and time.  My next 2 are going to be polka dot colors.

That's a very nice look.  Almost too good to put out on the route.  I have an old ashland that I am going to fix up and turn into a desk lamp.  I may use some colors like that.