Anyone vending 5 hour energy drinks from a snack machine?

Have been expanding the biz - picked up a new account:  500 employees on site, 3 snack (AP 6600) 3 soda (Vendo 480)

I think the Vendos can be configured to vend the energy drinks like Monster etc.. but right now they are set up for soda can only.  The guys on the production floor are always lobbying for the Energy drinks - saw that Sams has cases of the little 5-hour energy drinks, they don't need to be refriderated, seems like you could vend them out of a candy slot on a snack machine - anyone try this?

ABC

Yep, I do. They will work in the large candy augers (spirals). I vend them for $3.00, I upgraded any machine that I put those in to take $5. I have them in AP 6000 series, LCM 3 & 4, and USI Snack mart machines.

Yep, I have them set at $3 each as well.  Vend them from a double spiral slot in a GPL 173 machine.

I also contacted a guy named Brandon from 5-hour company and he said that he would send out a kit to make them much easier to vend....however afte talking with him and emailing him several times...I never did receive the kit.....

With that being said, the ones from Costco, sell just fine without the vend kit.

Travis

• 2 years later...

I was thinking about selling these also. Sams has them for about $1.50 a shot. do you guys sell single or doubles? I have a VC730 from seaga and was going to try one of the candy rows with one of these, haven't got around to it yet. I'm very new to vending, so hopefully most of that terminology was right :-)

I do, as already mentioned, they fit well in the large auger (bottom row) of the USI snack machine. I've been vending them in the same location for around a month now without any problems.

You can buy them for around $.77 each at Costco.

Wow .77 and sell for $3? Do they sell well?

I don't sell that many, but enough move to justify keeping them stocked. I think they may sell better in warmer weather.