Introductions & Scripts

mike

Now i have a problem. I'm locating and using all of my machines to help save for college. Si my scriptgoesalong the lines of

Hi, my name is Philip, and i'm saving for college through gumball and candy vending machines. I was wondering if my neiborhood (location here) would be interested in putting in a candy mahine that helps me save for college that I service.

I would change the last line slighty to: 

I was wondering if  (location here) would be interested in putting in a candy machine that I will service to help me save for college.

I believe in keeping it simple. I'm not a great speaker or salesman....but I've had very little difficulty with this approach.

I ask to talk to the "decision maker." I like the term decision maker because it isn't confrontational. The guard is down somewhat.

"Hi, I'm Joe (no last name - keeps it less formal) from JKL Vending. We work with the National Children's Cancer Society, (I hand them a placement letter and my card). We're not looking for a donation or anything, but we were wondering if you'd allow us to place a small candy machine over there by the entrance (pointing to where I want to put the machine), or perhaps your breakroom. There's no obligation or anything and If at anytime you decide you don't want it we'll come pick it up no questions asked.

If I get an " I don't know" I then let them know that we have a special promotion going on and if they allow us to place  the machine there for 2 weeks we are giving away a $20 gift card to Papa Johns. I put the gift card in their hand as I tell them about it. It forces a decison. If they say no...They have to give the gift card that was in their possession back to you. Who want to do that?! Let them know that you will be back in 2 weeks to check with them.

Go back in 2 weeks check on the machine. Say hi, how are you doing. Keep it short and sweet. Go in, get out.

• 2 weeks later...

Joebob...

I've also tried implementing the "decision maker" thing instead of owner. It works very welll, exept in Chinese restaurants...

....Those Chinese restaurantuers....I can't understand them and they don't understand me. LOL. I've had lots of luck locating. It is the easiest selling I've ever done. The only objection I've ever gotten so far is the franchise won't allow it or we need to talk to district. I've yet to figure out how to get around that. Once I'm big enough, I'll have to take some of those corporate people out for lunch or something LOL. Right now I'm stuck saving money until I can buy another machine.

• 1 year later...

Glad to see you have figured out how to use the search feature my young grasshopper!  ;D  Just messin' with you a bit.  :D

Seriously, there is a ton of info in the archives.  The same questions keep getting asked over and over again and some members will just stop chiming in after a while.  So reserecting an old thread is probably better than starting a new one.

Jax

I've walked into a Chinese restaurant offering them a $20 Carrabba's gift card.  It worked like a charm.

Show them the card, show them a picture of the machine, and you're good to go.  In my case I just brought the machine in with me.  I think that helps close the deal quicker. 

Regards,

Rob

And for those of you who love free advice but still want a pro to do it, info below ^  ^

A note on using gift cards.

For 20$ you can influence a decision maker. For 42$ you can get a guaranteed location with minimum revenues, kick out protection, and 2 year 20$ replacements, and spend none of your time selling people. If I have to use a gift card, I'll go all the way and buy the location. (I mix finding a few of my own locations with buying others and find it has so far given me an ideal mix of time and money invested.

• 4 years later...

Hellow Mike,

I also just started placing machines, your speech seems good enough, i personally would eliminate the gift card as i have noticed that just establishing the fact that you provide a free candy service in order to help support the kids is enough.

Hellow Mike,

I also just started placing machines, your speech seems good enough, i personally would eliminate the gift card as i have noticed that just establishing the fact that you provide a free candy service in order to help support the kids is enough.

Clinton was in office the last time Mike logged into this site.

I put a triple head in the break room, which only employees can access (roughly 20-30 people).  Sounds like I should think of relocation.  I had a great time selling though.  The manager ate it up.  Thanks for the advice, I just picked up 6 more machines, 2 ready to go.  Tomorrow I will attempt to find some good locations for them.

I had 2 bank accounts in the break room - they did excellent for me - had to service them every 2 weeks

Also Tattoo shops do excellent also 50+ per month at the ones I had

• 3 months later...

I believe in keeping it simple. I'm not a great speaker or salesman....but I've had very little difficulty with this approach.

I ask to talk to the "decision maker." I like the term decision maker because it isn't confrontational. The guard is down somewhat.

"Hi, I'm Joe (no last name - keeps it less formal) from JKL Vending. We work with the National Children's Cancer Society, (I hand them a placement letter and my card). We're not looking for a donation or anything, but we were wondering if you'd allow us to place a small candy machine over there by the entrance (pointing to where I want to put the machine), or perhaps your breakroom. There's no obligation or anything and If at anytime you decide you don't want it we'll come pick it up no questions asked.

If I get an " I don't know" I then let them know that we have a special promotion going on and if they allow us to place  the machine there for 2 weeks we are giving away a $20 gift card to Papa Johns. I put the gift card in their hand as I tell them about it. It forces a decison. If they say no...They have to give the gift card that was in their possession back to you. Who want to do that?! Let them know that you will be back in 2 weeks to check with them.

Go back in 2 weeks check on the machine. Say hi, how are you doing. Keep it short and sweet. Go in, get out.

I dont agree with telling them that they can take away the machine no questions askeD!