Eddie is Back

G-Vending

I noticed that as well.. Is that a good thing? How does he compare to Kickstart?

I am not trying to be rude but if you got to ask that question go back and read old post about Eddie..

Thats all i have to say about that...I am sure it cost him some good money for the Ad.

Would be nice if he took care of old business before starting more.

We have had very good success with Eddie.  He just closed out another order of 10 locs for us.  He has found 28 locations for us over the last 3 months.  The new deal offers significantly lower pricing per location.  The no warranty portion is as reasonable as finding your own locations, there are no guarantees they'll keep you. 

Anyway,  two thumbs up for Ed from us.

I contacted him by phone and email a month or so ago when I was looking into different locators, he never even responded. That's no way to do business.

When I contacted kickstart, Rob answered me right away and talked to me several times giving me useful advice even when I was considering doing full-line vending which he does not locate for. I was on the fence about bulk and he won my business mainly because I felt like he was a good guy, and above all else RELIABLE. Nothing is more aggravating than paying someone and then not being able to get in touch with them.

Its funny there is only one person on this thread(so far) that has used me and they give me a thumbs up except g vend and his mad because I wont give him a free location or something???  His soda order was filled a yr ago.

How does Kelly know what I compare to? He has no experience with me so i'm not sure what his deal is with me. I have no bad feelings for him.

I have around 30 clients on this forum and it's the SAME 4 or 5 who start threads or chime into threads with negative things to say.

Kelly keeps saying I left so many hanging??? who??? the 4 or 5 that we  have a difference of opinion on what my terms are.

4 or 5 out of 30...I'm cool with that. Not everyone is going to like me or my services and its just not the crushing blow that some think it should be.  

I finish my orders before I take off or let the client know so they can get a refund or hang tight.(there have been exceptions to that I must admit)

There is no way for ME to return every phone call and email(nor do I try) for new business especially if I'm booked already.

Out of courtesy I don't name the names of the members here that PM and email me to tell me how cool it is to see a locator on here that wont be run off that doesn't succumb to  every whine or whim thrown at them.

I wish they would speak up but they don't care for the brow beat and I don't blame them

I know some of the locators want to ask your thoughts and make you feel apart of the process and thats cool but when its all said and done it will be more or less the same,with the same complaints because there is no way to please everyone unless you give 20 dollar locations that come in the next day, with unlimited lifetime warranties against everything and then there would still be complaints.

I don't really like to get told how I should run my business from people who have never used my business nor intend to, just want to throw their opinion around so let me tell you how it's going to work if you decide to use me for bulk.

My terms are easy :

10 locations for 300 bucks. that is the minimum and maximum order.(I may do 5 for 150 with one free replacement at some point) you do not have to receive all your locations at once but you have to order 10 to get the deal.

every locations get a chance unless its a dangerous place or they want you to put your machine in harms way,like outside or something.

No warranties...Period

2 free replacements. this is before the machine is placed. If you go to a location and just don't like the feel of the place or the fish restaurant smells too fishy...or whatever let me know.

If you place your machine you have accepted the location and that is the end of the transaction for that location.

If you get told no at the door it does not count against you and we send you a new one.

5 business days to get your locations. replacements require an additional 3 days.

I have enough man power to take on 5 or 6 orders a week and that is all I'll take So if I want to go surfing with my boy for a week the books are cleared and no one is waiting.

It's simple and it's fair and if you don't like it don't use me.

If you think I still owe you something email or pm me.

Seems like reasonable terms.  I've never used Eddie but have read enough about his lack of communication with his clients and how he seems to dismiss his clients concerns sometimes.  I did try to use him once, sent him all my info and got nothing in return. It takes about a minute to send an email saying would like to do business with you but am booked up at the moment get back to me in the future.  I think customer service skills is the only thing holding you back.  And even if your policy is its my way or the highway, its probably not a great idea to keep throwing that in potential customers face. Just my .02

Yeah, I find it ironic that you're paying for ads but you couldn't even take two seconds to email me or call me back or add me to some kind of a waiting list. It should be your job to work to earn your customers' business, it is NOT our job to work to get you to do business with us.

I didn't' really mean it like that its just not open for discussion or negotiation.This is the way I am going to run it and was not looking for 13 peoples two cents on how to tweak it.

If you read posts from actual customers(not chimer inners who say they herd Eddie this or that) you'll find 3 out of 5 say my customer service and communication is great. in fact there is one on this thread who says exactly that. Infact the rest on here so far are just that...chimer inners. except for g vend And when g vend was customer we talked to him everyday.

I didn't' really mean it like that its just not open for discussion or negotiation.This is the way I am going to run it and was not looking for 13 peoples two cents on how to tweak it.

If you read posts from actual customers(not chimer inners who say they herd Eddie this or that) you'll find 3 out of 5 say my customer service and communication is great. in fact there is one on this thread who says exactly that. Infact the rest on here so far are just that...chimer inners. except for g vend And when g vend was customer we talked to him everyday.

Yes I talked to Eric RIP most of the time but now Eddie want answer the phone when I call,,Just the FACTS

Yes I talked to Eric RIP most of the time but now Eddie want answer the phone when I call,,Just the FACTS

Do you mean he WON'T answer your call?

Does he not get back to you if/when you leave a message?

I ask because there is a huge difference between someone not answering your calls and someone not returning your voice mails.

I called twice, about a week apart, and left clear messages with my name and phone number both times, AND I emailed him. The lack of even a polite "sorry we're too busy to take on additional clients right now" message is just flat out unprofessional and rude.

Its funny you say that about me having issues because I was just thinking that about you.

On  this other thread that had nothing to do with me and no one had even mentions me kelly chimes in "don't be like Eddie" "just do the opposite of Eddie"

I had to scratch my head because I was in no way involved but kelly cant get me out of his mind and starts bringing me up...I think I keep him awake at night ...or something.

By the way kelly Sherlock's a client.

Just got off the phone with him... we had a good laugh

I don't act like anything.Infact in most of posts I say I miss calls,am unable to return calls,emails etc... all the time

By the way kelly Sherlock's a client.

Just got off the phone with him... we had a good laugh

We were NOT laughing at Kelly or about any feelings expressed in this thread.

Please don't anyone get offended or take Eddie's quote out of context.

Only time Vendiscuss came up in my conversation with Eddie was when I confirmed I would be reporting my results with his service to the members here.

Truth is, I just gave Eddie an order under his new promotion.

I don't know how it will turn out, but good or bad, I will be reporting in a separate thread.

I've had my reservations about Eddie going away for stretches, too.

But, hey, this forum and it's members have done a lot for me in the short time I've been vending.

Truth is, I support a few locator/members here.

I am a current KSL customer, I am loving being one of Kelly's first commission customers.

I tried the re-launched Ethical when he came through here recently.

I even contacted Worldvend with the intention of trying them...that just never took off.

Otherwise, I would have tried them too.

I locate for myself by phone and in person.

I just have this desire to grow quicker than I can locate for myself.

So, I incorporate the help of my fellow members here.

If I am going to support ANY locators, I will be supporting those that support this forum.

As someone else posted recently, I try to "keep it all in the family".

If I may add...for Kelly and Eddie.

I've had the pleasure of speaking to both of you and you are both very easy going and down-to-earth.

I'll bet if you put aside any tension you have with each other for a moment you'd wind up being pretty happy to know each other.

I'd sure be happy to have a meal, a beer, or both a meal AND a beer with either of you.

And I don't say that about everybody.

There is no way for ME to return every phone call and email(nor do I try) for new business especially if I'm booked already.

Eddie, this is one of two reasons that I haven't even considered trying you.  Here is a suggestion for you to easily handle this.   

Set up an auto-responder for email requests.  If you're booked, have it automatically send a response stating you're "booked and are not currently accepting new orders, we'll add you to our waiting list and be in touch when we are able to take your order."  If you go on vacation, set it up before you go to let people know.  Don't just leave them hanging.

For phone calls, do the same thing with voicemail.  Take a few minutes to set both up before you go on vacation or as soon as you know you're booked.  Heck, even take 30 seconds to make a post here on VENDiscuss.  This is probably where most of your business comes from.  Do these things and I'll bet it will ease a lot of the bad reviews you get for poor communication.

We are going to set up a boxing ring at the church in the gym and have a boxing clinic and tournament held by some professional boxers from the area.  Maybe we can get Kelly and Eddie to be the main event?  LOL.  I love the passion of the both of you two.  Kelly is one of my favorite posters.  Always look forward to a new one.  I especially am enjoying your new venture.

I'd sure be happy to have a meal, a beer, or both a meal AND a beer with either of you.

And I don't say that about everybody.

You sure haven't said that about me yet!  ;)

Again I never brought up that stuff two other members who knew my personal situation did.

Lets end this take advantage of members and take their money stuff right now.

How many members on here have I taken orders from with no money upfront(some new some old)?

How many members on here have completed orders,machines placed and when we talk I never even mention the money because I know you'll pay me when you have it?

This business is not just about the nickels and dimes to me. I employ college students who get to work parttime and make more money working for me than working full time and punching a clock. It's also cool to be a part of someone building a business.

I don't mind doing it this way sometimes because it's a two way street. Sometimes you trust me and sometimes I trust you. And I know what its like to run a business where sometimes cash flow is tight.

And when I was a little down when Eric died some of you waited on me with no complaints and gave me time so now I'm returning the favor.

Just chime in if you feel like it. my point is already made.

How could you be unsuspecting there are posts about me everywhere and how I run my locating business. And I'm upfront about it too.

Any way man I think Kelly  has a crush on me and don't know how to handle it. It reminds me of my 10 yr old son when he has a crush on a little girl he runs up and pulls her hair and runs away gigling because he don't know what else to do. LOL

come one Kelly...that just funny