My order with Eddie Bauer

sherlock

As promised, I'll use this thread to review my business relationship and order status with Eddie.

Good or bad, I will simply report the facts.

So far...

Ordered 10 locations using EB's current promotion on Friday 6/4/10.

Eddie's communication has been good.

Always responds to emails and makes regular contact by phone.

I got 5-of-10 locations via email today.

I consider that a very quick turn-around for the first five locations.

I will deliver the machines in the next day or so.

My thoughts on the locations BEFORE delivery.

1 may be "iffy" but I'm giving it a shot.

1 was surprising. I got a "NO" when I tried locating my machine there by phone 2 months ago.

2 are promising on the surface. I think they will do pretty good.

1 is what I call a HOMERUN. If I can prevent from getting kicked out of this place before I convert to commission, this promises to be one of my best locations. This is easily a rack-worthy location.

Note: These locations are located in areas another locator had tried getting me locations in a few months ago. That locator didn't get me 5 locations there in a MONTH....yet, EB knocked 5 out in less than a week. Considering they got me 1 place I couldn't get into and got better results than another pro locator, I've got to give kudos to EB's locating staff.

Wish me luck -- hopefully all deliveries are successful.

The HOMERUN location alone is cause for celebration if I can get in there long-term.

did ya use the 10 for $300.00?

Yes, I did.

By the way...

I got the remaining 5 locations yesterday.

There are some with very good potential in that mix too.

The 2nd set of five had no "iffy" locations...on the surface they all look good at least.

That completes my order of ten -- all within a week as promised by Eddie.

ALL machines should be delivered by the end of the day today (I hope).

I will report on how well expectations were set by EB's staff when I am through delivering all ten.

Considering my having a bad situation with another locator, it's tough posting anything positive about locators right now.

However, I promised to post about my experience with EB, so I will.

And I promise not to let my issues with other locators seep into this review.

As promised and according to his 10 for $300 promotion, I got 10 locations from Eddie last week.

Over the course of the last few days, I delivered or attempted to deliver all my locations.

I was successful in 8 out of 10 deliveries.

But, the issues with the other 2 locations were NOT caused by Eddie or his staff.

Nor were the locations/business necessarily at fault.

My 2 refusals:

#1: I tried 3 times to deliver and failed.

Turns out the woman who owns the place comes and goes as she pleases.

According to neighbors in the same strip-center, she disregards her posted business hours.

Each time I visited there were signs stating the business was "open" on the window.

But, doors were locked, there was no response to my knocking on windows/doors, and looking into the window there was no sign of anyone present.

I could have called to find the business owner, but refused to install a machine there.

If I'm having a hard time finding the store open...so will customers.

I'll pass.

#2: Much like the location above -- I tried 3 times to deliver and found the place closed.

Because there was a "closed" sign on the door and no posted hours, I DID call this business for info.

The place is a music school.

Turns out -- it is only open when music lessons are scheduled.

NO way to tell if/when it will open or close.

And, on average, the place is only open 20hrs a week.

I passed on this one too.

Each of the locations above looked good on the surface and the music school still may be good.

But, I need something with regular hours and something open for more than 20 hrs a week.

I don't fault the business owners -- they can run their business as they see fit.

But, I also don't fault EB as these issues would probably not have been visible to anyone locating by phone.

Now for the remaining 8:

These all went smoothly.

Each business owner knew I was coming, remembered speaking to the locator, and welcomed me and my machine upon arrival.

Of the 8 spots...

I truly do not get the impression that ANY of them will be among my "dogs".

While, some could be among some of my better locations.

Based on my current impressions --- I wholeheartedly recommend Eddie Bauer to anyone here.

Should any of that change -- I will report that too.

But, for now, of the several locators I've used, EB is the only one to do exactly as he promised from the get-go.

UPDATE...

I notified EB of my 2 declines yesterday.

Eddie was aware of the situation with my charity and the pending request to stop using locators.

So, he offered to act promptly to finish up our order without causing trouble with my charity.

He also made sure his locator was aware of the situation.

By 10am local time today -- I had the 2 replacements emailed to me.

By noon -- the 2 machines were delivered without incident.

That's quicker than I could have hoped for.

Oh...and Eddie is on one of his mini-vacations this week.

Yet, he still took time to get my needed locations taken care and his communication was prompt the whole time.

Had he not told me he was on a get-away I would have sworn he was at his office the whole time.

If I am ever to use another charity locator again...EB will be my first choice.

Its my wife's and I anvs. so we going on a  romantic dinner ... with kids in tow LOL

I'm sure its seasonal but when I got here Sat it was less than half full and today it was barley more than half full.

Now I'm no Sherlock but it seems someone filled it since I got here a few days ago and now its back to the half point.

That's a good machine man