(Almost) got a bar location last night

raquel

I met some friends for drinks and saw a double head that looked kinda dirty and abandoned. The bar owner told me it hadn't been serviced in weeks. Funny thing is that it is located next to an ATM owned by the same person. He made a point to tell me that the patrons always look at the machine and ask how long the candy has been in there (yuck).So he told me he will ask the guy to remove it and I can bring mine in on Monday. I'm getting excited...

That's not an almost... that's a sale, baby!   :P

I guess the one uncertainty is that he might try to retain his sale by promising better service.  Let's hope the bar owner is really really sold on you.

The sad thing is is that we often go 'weeks' between service cycles.  I once tried to locate a rack in a chinese restaurant.  There was a rack there already and the owner said that it hadn't been serviced in something like 4 weeks.  He made it sound like it had been a long time.  I'm thinking, "well duh! that's normal!".

The sad thing is is that we often go 'weeks' between service cycles.  I once tried to locate a rack in a chinese restaurant.  There was a rack there already and the owner said that it hadn't been serviced in something like 4 weeks.  He made it sound like it had been a long time.  I'm thinking, "well duh! that's normal!".

It's normal depending on the location.  If it's empty in 2 days, you should be there every 2 days... not weeks :)  I'm seeing a lot of vendors around here with high volume accounts with low-motivation to actually put product in them to sell.  Those are some low hanging fruit.  :)

It's normal depending on the location.  If it's empty in 2 days, you should be there every 2 days... not weeks :)  I'm seeing a lot of vendors around here with high volume accounts with low-motivation to actually put product in them to sell.  Those are some low hanging fruit.  :)

exactly!  I mean, if you are selling out, wouldn't you want to come day after day to fill it and make that much more money?  I just don't understand some people.. 

It also blows my mind that someone will take a machine off location and put it in storage rather than pull 2-3 bucks a month.  To me, money is money.  2-3 bucks on a location is better than dust and no $$ in storage.

congrats on getting the location

probably is wise not "counting your chickens before they hatch" or how ever you want to put it.

The most random place I've seen the triple canister candy machines was at the the Tattoo place I go to (and that one appeared not to be maintained the best, although due to not having one i could replace it with i did not bring it up). I wonder if these machines actually do well in bars/other type locations

The most random place I've seen the triple canister candy machines was at the the Tattoo place I go to (and that one appeared not to be maintained the best, although due to not having one i could replace it with i did not bring it up). I wonder if these machines actually do well in bars/other type locations

Michniakap

Bring it up!  You should be able to acquire a triple in no time, especially if you buy a Vendstar.  ;D  Just be sure to replace it once you start having the success like some members on this board.  That is what I will do eventually, with the exception of some locations.  I have one location in which I have two triple heads, but it is a machine fabrication shop.  It does $50-$60 per month, but is very dirty.  The machines have black soot on them on every service.  I use a lot of window cleaner and paper towels at this stop.  I'll be darn if I put a Northwestern or Beaver at this location. 

I'll be darn if I put a Northwestern or Beaver at this location. 

I would.  A profitable location is a profitable location, regardless of the nastiness of the environment.  Customers are the same, regardless of whether they're truckers or mechanics.  And $60 a month would pay for a double-head NW in 2 1/2 months.

It also blows my mind that someone will take a machine off location and put it in storage rather than pull 2-3 bucks a month.  To me, money is money.  2-3 bucks on a location is better than dust and no $$ in storage.

ok here's my take on that...a machine not making much money at a location (I wont put a dollar figure on it) needs to be relocated. period! it might sit in my shop for a short time but I will put it back out at a (hopefully) better location. If I have the mindset that it's better to have a machine making something rather than nothing in my shop then I'm content with making nothing much at all. And I'm Not!!!! My intent is to have all my machines located at all times making the optimum amount. It's kinda like having a slow moving item in my machine do I say well lets leave it in there, a slow moving item  is better than nothing at all! I don't think so!

ok here's my take on that...a machine not making much money at a location (I wont put a dollar figure on it) needs to be relocated. period! it might sit in my shop for a short time but I will put it back out at a (hopefully) better location. If I have the mindset that it's better to have a machine making something rather than nothing in my shop then I'm content with making nothing much at all. And I'm Not!!!! My intent is to have all my machines located at all times making the optimum amount. It's kinda like having a slow moving item in my machine do I say well lets leave it in there, a slow moving item  is better than nothing at all! I don't think so!

My point exactly!  if it is in between point A and point B leave it.  But be rest assured if I pick up a new location, that baby is the first to be moved!  only time I leave a machine in a poor income location, is if I don't have anywhere else to put it and it is along my route.

Congrats on the location!!! I feel the best way to deal with poor locations is to first try different product and if that doesn't work then find a new location before you pull it.  Abandoning the location is the last resort for me, with the exception of it being completely out of the way as Kelly stated . I had a  double vending pmm's and gumballs that was not doing too well for the first few months  so I changed it to Bouncy balls and gumballs . It went from making $7-$10 to $15 - $20.  I also have a tattoo shop that consistently does $15. When I located the machine the owner was more then happy to have the it. He said he encourages his customers to eat candy before they get a tattoo to help with bloodsugar or something.