Cool Crane set up

sweetstop

• 6 months later...

http://www.tilt.com/

Owned and Operated by Nickels and Dimes Inc. (Most commonly known as TILT)

They are quickly becoming the largest privately owned amusement crane supplier in the nation. All the buses are made up of 4 SMART "Prize Time" machines, and one stacker or lighthouse at the rear of the game. They are built into the custom made bus. If you know about the industry costs, yes. This is a very expensive piece of equipment, however, the ROI for this company is very high. The markets the cater to are ones most suppliers will not touch and they have had great success with it. NDI has now started to import most of their games from a chinese supplier, which is allowing them to grow even faster.

http://www.tilt.com/

Owned and Operated by Nickels and Dimes Inc. (Most commonly known as TILT)

They are quickly becoming the largest privately owned amusement crane supplier in the nation. All the buses are made up of 4 SMART "Prize Time" machines, and one stacker or lighthouse at the rear of the game. They are built into the custom made bus. If you know about the industry costs, yes. This is a very expensive piece of equipment, however, the ROI for this company is very high. The markets the cater to are ones most suppliers will not touch and they have had great success with it. NDI has now started to import most of their games from a chinese supplier, which is allowing them to grow even faster.

I could only imagine the accounts they would need to have for a set up like that. The one I know about is in a mall. It's on the bottom floor, (the slowest location) and I know what commission they are paying. I could think of many other locations that it should have been in that mall. Is TILT the only vending company that places that unit? I could understand their China connection saving them a lot of money if they are buying them in mass quantity, but selling them to someone at a profit seems like a bad idea. The ROI would be enormous and hardly worth it.

I could only imagine the accounts they would need to have for a set up like that. The one I know about is in a mall. It's on the bottom floor, (the slowest location) and I know what commission they are paying. I could think of many other locations that it should have been in that mall. Is TILT the only vending company that places that unit? I could understand their China connection saving them a lot of money if they are buying them in mass quantity, but selling them to someone at a profit seems like a bad idea. The ROI would be enormous and hardly worth it.

Gary,

Yes, TILT is the only company who is placing these units that I know of. I've never seen them operated by anyone else from the research I have done on the matter. I do know, from my experience of watching them on location, that the payout rate on all 4 cranes is extremely low. I'm not certain of their service cycle on the machines but because of the payout rate they basically come collect money and they do not even have to stock the machines. They rarely change prizes in their machines as well. Most often you will see carebears, spike balls, and numerous types of water balls. This company is actually gearing away from the buses in my area and moving to the round elaut cranes with a $1 specialty toy, a $.50 ball, and a stacker or light house. I'm personally not a huge fan of SMART PT or ELAUT, great electronics but i hate the look of their machines. I would take a C2C, UNITED, or S&B crane over those two any day due to price and style.

So if they are taking out money, but rarely have to fill them with new product, that makes me think that one, they have the odds set so high that there are no winners or two, they are not doing any business. (sorry for that run-on sentence) I think that their idea and concept is interesting however, this display has to be at the center of an amusement park not the local mall. A setup like this that does not give players prizes, in a location that generally has the same players, will quickly drop off.

Gary

So if they are taking out money, but rarely have to fill them with new product, that makes me think that one, they have the odds set so high that there are no winners or two, they are not doing any business. (sorry for that run-on sentence) I think that their idea and concept is interesting however, this display has to be at the center of an amusement park not the local mall. A setup like this that does not give players prizes, in a location that generally has the same players, will quickly drop off.

Gary

They get lots of business Gary. I'm not sure how they keep the players coming back. The cranes are EXTREMELY weak. They are not the only big company to operate nearly impossible games with great success. Win Stuff Entertainment is a nationwide operator who operates the weakest cranes in the industry with the worst product rotation. However, they manage to keep players coming back AND keep many corp accounts at the same time. If you think about it, most mall goers only are at the mall once every few months. Coming from a players view outside the industry, they don't know anything about how the games are owned and operated. I can kind of see how TILT would manage to hook players because of this. But WS is operating on a local level. People see their machines once or twice a week in their home towns. Who knows Gary.

Archived