Can prices back up.

I guess all things have to come to an end at some time or another.  :'(

I finally cashed in all my quarters and with left over "stash" I borrowed my cousin's truck and headed to wally world.  With $500 in my pocket and a possible deal on another DN368 on location, I was going to stock up on my canned drinks!

I managed to coordinate my mother, father, brother and my Uncle to all meet at the same time and we were going to go on a major (to us anyways) soda buying spree! yippee!

We get back to the soda section, no pallets of product in the isle ways to be found, Hmm.  ok we will clear the shelves then.

24pack cans of Pepsi and Coke products are back up to $6.48!  And for some reason, Sierra Mist was $6.98 :o :o

I spoke to a manager and jokingly pleaded my case and she gave in. They had a pallet of mixed cases on it that they had combined from other pallets that had been scattered through out the store for when the sale was going on and let me have them for $5.00/case. No picking or choosing.

Now to figure out how to get rid of 3 cases of Coke zero and 2 cases of diet caffeine free pepsi... 

Guess I will dump them off at the family reunion next month. lol

Of course, I dunno what I was thinking! 94 degrees outside and the humidity is 46%  :o  Really wish I would have had a fork lift!  After 25 cases I parked the truck in my parents garage and I will finish it up this evening when the sun goes down and it starts to cool off!

Of course, I dunno what I was thinking! 94 degrees outside and the humidity is 46%  :o 

a couple of things ninjinn I admire your enthusiasm and I really admire your humidity level its about 100% humidity here. but I gotta warn you mainor is gonna be pissed when you surpass him on # of post and length of time online ;D

but I gotta warn you mainor is gonna be pissed when you surpass him on # of post and length of time online ;D

:-X just great!  I thought I could come on here and blab til my heart's content about vending without hearing my wife say, "shut the hell up! does your blabber mouth ever know when to stop?!"  sheesh!  I guess its back to the bathroom to blab to the shower curtain again for hours on end...  ;D

I expected the price to go back up after the 4th.just to give you an idea of how slow coke zero is:THEY WERE GIVEING IT AWAY at the indy 500 this year on a 93 degree day so good luck trying to sell that.

WHOA!  Now that is bad!  Guess its off to the family reunion then. lol

I hate that the can prices went back up, I stocked up a bit but I have limited space to put my vending items. Plus, cokes are only good for about six months and I only own one machine currently. I was loving the cheap price, really made my profit go up. Oh well, hopefully another sell starts soon.

The pallet I bought, I was sorting through it and found 7 cases that were dated for 9-2-10!  good thing the wife was harping about checking dates.  These were on the bottom of the stack (first to be placed on the pallet)  So theres a good chance I would have had expired product if I would have had a fork lift.  Because I would have just taken cases off the pallet as I needed them.

The pallet I bought, I was sorting through it and found 7 cases that were dated for 9-2-10!  good thing the wife was harping about checking dates.  These were on the bottom of the stack (first to be placed on the pallet)  So theres a good chance I would have had expired product if I would have had a fork lift.  Because I would have just taken cases off the pallet as I needed them.

Ouch, good thing you checked the date... I should check the dates on the ones I bought recently.

I am fanatic on checking dates.....I hate throwing away anything...Since I'm still relatively a small operation, I am buying maybe 10-20 cases of assorted drinks at a time.  This allows me an opportunity to check every case before I put it in my cart.  However I can see it becoming an issue if I'm buying pallets at a time.

Travis

I hate that the can prices went back up, I stocked up a bit but I have limited space to put my vending items. Plus, cokes are only good for about six months and I only own one machine currently. I was loving the cheap price, really made my profit go up. Oh well, hopefully another sell starts soon.

this week target will have the cases on sale next week miejers and the week after that target.keep looking the 5 dollar cases are out there.

I knew it was coming soon. I keep my eyes on all the ads for the big box stores all the time. I'm finding deals here and there. Oh well it was nice while it lasted.