Why not .50 cans?

I'm not sure how nrpick44 (op) is doing on his 75 cent machine.

But I just wanted to let the folks here know that I had raised my price up to 65cents, still trying to get a bill acceptor in it, but so far my average daily vends is only down by 2.4 a day.  the Pepsi (biggest seller) has stopped, the pepsi drinker would rather fire up the ol pick em up truck and drive 3 blocks to save 15cents. 

But that is his choice.  I am hopeful that the sales will go even higher, once I get a bill acceptor in it that works.  the one that I got off ebay appears to be junk. :angry:

Post a note on the machine saying you've had to raise prices due to increased costs, etc.  That might help.  Or maybe the guy will come back after he forgets to pick up the pepsi from the store next time.  If you only have 1 customer buying Pepsi I wouldn't bother stocking it!

I'm not sure how nrpick44 (op) is doing on his 75 cent machine.

But I just wanted to let the folks here know that I had raised my price up to 65cents, still trying to get a bill acceptor in it, but so far my average daily vends is only down by 2.4 a day.  the Pepsi (biggest seller) has stopped, the pepsi drinker would rather fire up the ol pick em up truck and drive 3 blocks to save 15cents. 

But that is his choice.  I am hopeful that the sales will go even higher, once I get a bill acceptor in it that works.  the one that I got off ebay appears to be junk. :angry:

Ninn Jinn

This may sound awkward, but you are asking a lot from your customer to have quarters, dimes and nickels, especially in the plastic (credit card) age.  You are loosing customers due to the lack of convenience (not having the correct change)…not your new price, $.65

Yes, accepting bills will help.

P.S. Let’s go to $.75  B)

I truely am annoyed by stupidity.lets get in our truck use 50 cents worth of gas to save 15 cents.kinda reminds of an ex girlfriend that wanted to go to the city for a pair of shoes 45 min away to save 5 bucks.

I must have married her  ;D

The reduction in sales is more likely due to not having a DBV now that you are over .50. Once you get it in I will bet the numbers will come back up.

If the one Pepsi drinker is going to the store due to the price increase it will take about a month for the old habit of using your machine come back.

IMO old age has gotten to his brain,  his brother was telling me that he makes 3-4 trips a day to buy them at the machine down the road.  When I asked him about why not get a 12 pack,  he said, his brother doesn't think the fridge gets them cold enough. 

I am trying to get a dba...  but where I live, there isn't a place that I know of within 50miles that I can just walk into and say, I need a bill acceptor.  And working a full time job sometimes 6 days a week, ok... a lot of times 6 days a week, it kinda puts a bind on being able to drive to pick one up.

Mike I got your email,

I'm not worried about the ice you saw today. Might take a few cycles to clear out the excess moisture in the cabinet plus everytime you fill it you add moisture.

The mounting bracket is a non issue as there are tons of plates that you can use to get that validator to work in your machine. You never answered what type of validator you have in your royal machine as we may be able to steal that for you to test your machine.

Just about any 110v validator will work in your machine with the right harnessing.

I'm not worried about the ice you saw today. Might take a few cycles to clear out the excess moisture in the cabinet plus everytime you fill it you add moisture.

This may never happen if you open the door to check the machine every day  ;D

This may never happen if you open the door to check the machine every day  ;D

Just as I read Bill's post I was thinking the exact same thing.  I stocked the machine full this evening, And I am going to try with all my might, to try and leave it alone until Monday!  I think the newbieness is wearing off, Plus with the "heat wave"  I am paranoid that my cans are going to start popping in the trunk.  So I started keeping them in the garage, and loading and unloading cases of soda is getting old really quick!  Load up a total of  40 cans everyday, stock about 11 cans everyday on average, then off load the rest back in the garage is getting old.  I have been keeping track of the flavors selling and stock accordingly now, but still..  Sorry rambling again.

Mike I got your email,

The mounting bracket is a non issue as there are tons of plates that you can use to get that validator to work in your machine. You never answered what type of validator you have in your royal machine as we may be able to steal that for you to test your machine.

Just about any 110v validator will work in your machine with the right harnessing.

As for the royal machine,  I went in today and I found out that there has been some money missing from the machine.  I guess there is a counter of some sort and the owner of the machine pulls the money out at the end of the month or when the DBA is full and won't accept any more bills.  Anyways, some counter said he should have had about $350 in ones and there was only 103 $1's in it.  Last month.  SO he checked it today, and the bills vs. the counter was off by $44,

So he took the key with him, And will be back in about 2 weeks. 

Where would I find these plates to fit an acceptor?  What would I search for?  Do you have any of these?  So basically I can use any mars bill acceptor?  or do I need to get a different harness for each different mars acceptor?