suggestions for machine items

Agapevending

I just got a location that already has a u-turn machine which has peanut m&m's, plain m&m's, skittles, & baked beans in it. What should I put in my 2 head machine. I have some peanut m&m's and chicles in it for right now. What should I put in it? It is at an air conditioning supply company.

Put exactly the same products inside, but remove the portion spacer from your wheels, allowing them to vend wide open.

Wait a few months for the other machine to disappear... then add your portion spacers back into your wheels.

;D

it depends what your goal is - are you trying to get this guy out of the location, or just make money sharing the location?

if you want him out of there, you need to put the same or better products at better pricing. of course, this could upset him and lead to an "accident" happening to your machines. It could lead to a turf war. Just be aware that you might be poking a hornet's nest.

if you just want to make money, just offer different things than what the u-turns are carrying, and keep your machines clean and shiny.

How about Mike & Ike and 2 for 1 gumballs.  Of course if you have biz-op machines, they can not vend 2-for-1 gumballs which puts you at a competitive disadvantage IMO in a crowded location.  I don't care how many other machines are on site, if I have permission to place a machine, then something is going in!  Don't be intimidated by the so called Terminator 8-select Uturn.  Those vendors usually go bankrupt after a few years and many of those machines eventually get abandoned.  Thus the importance of keeping a "marker" in the location.  Sometimes this simply turns into a waiting game.

I put a 2 for .25 cent gumball machine in where I work along with Reese's Pieces.  Ther are 2 other vendors in there.  A single machine selling 1080 size gumballs for .25 and a triple with Nerds,850 gumballs and some kind of sweet tart.  My machines consistantly outsell their's.

I have the 2 for a 850 ct gumballs.

I keep my machines very clean.

I give a little out when I service.

Mike and Ike is the number two selling candy for me in adult locations.  So I would try that first before the chickle gum.  Assuming the place is not too humid.  If those products don't sell, then try the MMP with two more pieces than the competitors.  Having two gum products seem a bit redundant for me.

How about Mike & Ike and 2 for 1 gumballs.  Of course if you have biz-op machines, they can not vend 2-for-1 gumballs which puts you at a competitive disadvantage IMO in a crowded location.  I don't care how many other machines are on site, if I have permission to place a machine, then something is going in!  Don't be intimidated by the so called Terminator 8-select Uturn.  Those vendors usually go bankrupt after a few years and many of those machines eventually get abandoned.  Thus the importance of keeping a "marker" in the location.  Sometimes this simply turns into a waiting game.

I'm seeing more and more 8-select Uturns with cracked candy and candy stuck together and obviously not being serviced. One loc they put the beast back with the coat rack with all its cracked candy. I don't know what those cost but just the cost of filling the cans has to be enormous. Definitely go in there with your machine and wait for the U-Turn to go away.

I don't know what those cost but just the cost of filling the cans has to be enormous.

Not sure how much they are new, but on ebay right now, there are quite a few of them for sale and they are all over $100  Some ads are claiming "paid $300 a year ago"  and one states they are over $450 brand new!

Put exactly the same products inside, but remove the portion spacer from your wheels, allowing them to vend wide open.

Wait a few months for the other machine to disappear... then add your portion spacers back into your wheels.

;D

If you did that, and if I was the other guy, I'd buy my candy from your machines and put them in mine.  It looks like I could get a better COGS from buying candy from you instead of Sams.

Mike and Ike is the number two selling candy for me in adult locations.  So I would try that first before the chickle gum.  Assuming the place is not too humid.  If those products don't sell, then try the MMP with two more pieces than the competitors.  Having two gum products seem a bit redundant for me.

Where are you guys getting your candy?  Sams doesn't sell that stuff anymore.  Just DB gum, skittles, m&ms.  I can't get reeses, nor M+I, nor hot tamales there anymore.

I can get tamales, reeses pieces, DB gum, m&m's, & skittles. I can't get Mike & Ike either and I am in TX too around Waco. Where do you get your candy?

I'm in Houston.  I've started buying bulk candy from A&A.  I'm trying to do something other than the standards, and will be going with things like sixlets, spree's, bonz, etc.