Other vending candy...Any Good?

schmedspub

Sams sells a few other items hrough special order. Need feedback on following items.

Gone Fishing fruit flavored candy-11000 @ 44.06

Bonz Candy- 11000 @ $44.06

Pucker Up Tangy Bites-13500@$42.76(spre like candy)

Cotton Candy Coated Candy-9200@44.21

These are a few that I can have shipped at no charge to my local Sams club...Any thoughts? Any Feedback? Has anyone used?

Thanks In advance!

Uptheodds Vending

Generic candy rarely sells well.  I really don't know why Oak Leaf and Concord continues to make this stuff and I see less and less of it in racks.  You may have some success with it, if you only offer one candy product and no other competitors are offering the "standard" candies.  I know one vendor who does not like vending candy, but occasionally his locations demand candy and disallows gum, so he offers Rascals (a Runt clone) and that is it for his candy choices!

I see racks in the supermarkets near me that have candies that aren't the standard fare that you can get at Sams.  They consistantly have things like bonz or sprees or sixlets but no m&ms nor skittles nor reeses.

I see racks in the supermarkets near me that have candies that aren't the standard fare that you can get at Sams.  They consistantly have things like bonz or sprees or sixlets but no m&ms nor skittles nor reeses.

Like I said, I think it can work as long as there is no competition and the other candy choices are limited to one or two.  Just not worth my time as toys simply do much better (80 - 90% of sales) and many times a candy choice (10 - 20 % of sales) is simply a courtesy to the location that requested it.

• 1 month later...

Sams sells a few other items through special order.

These are a few that I can have shipped at no charge to my local Sams club.

I was looking at ordering some of the spree's or runts, etc.  But I was concerned about the cost.  It said that the shipping cost was included, but I figured that was to send it to my house.  If I go to the service desk and order it and have it shipped to that store for me to pick up, will they still charge the shipping costs?  I don't think they charge the shipping cost if you ship it to the store, because they have the double bubble 850ct on the web and it shows a cost of $38 which includes shipping.  I know that if you buy it at the store it's only like $17.

Candy has never been a strong seller for me.  I have 26 locations with candy out there (about 5% of my heads) and I have exactly 4 locations where candy has actually sold enough where I am not throwing a bunch away.  I have only used the standard candy (MM, Mike & Ike, Skittles, RP, MM Peanut).  I even tried candy in my #1 location thinking it just had to sell there with all the volume... and it didn't even do $10 per service.

I have tried other candies myself and did not like them and neither have other people I have had try them.  The cost and revenue from candy just isn't high enough in most cases for me to continue to offer it.  I expect in another 12 months I will have very few candy heads left and focus more on growing flat vend and 2" toy sales.