NW doubles conversion kit prices

antoniocinisi

well Lurstman was right after all,northwestern has doubled thier price on conversion kits for both the 60 and 80 mech.saveings are only about 5.50 per 60 mech if you upgrade instead of buying but it comes with the shiney new faceplate makeing it look new again.not as much but it adds up is simple to do and I would still reccomend it.as far as the 80 goes there is still about a 15 dollar saveings to go from 50 to 75,still a no brainer for me.

when I asked here why she said because things were going up,when I asked her why they had to double it ,she couldnt answer me.looks like someone is going to capitalize big time with everyone raiseing prices.kinda pees me off, I can see a price increase but double thats almost takeing advantge of the situation.

I've been pretty ticked off about the price increases as well.  What I'm going to do is just order less expensive generic stands from now on, to offset the increased NW costs.

I guess someone did an "analysis" at Northwestern to determine profit margins.  The 2-col sticker machines went up to $210 and the NW80 up as well.  Management told the staff that they were losing their shirts on those items.  I guess that included parts too.  I am really glad that I am not getting started today with these crazy prices.  Much more difficult today for the new vendor to get started which I guess is a competitive advantage for the older established vendors.

I've been pretty ticked off about the price increases as well.  What I'm going to do is just order less expensive generic stands from now on, to offset the increased NW costs.

How much do you pay for stands now?  What kinds?  This may be my new cottage industry; selling wooden vending stands.

I wouldn't recommend that - I didn't really know much about stands or generic vs nw ones when I ordered my first set of machines (NW super 80s) from cardinal. I asked about stands and they said sure they had single stands so I bought them. Let me tell you, they are crap. Made in china, no qc is evident, the freaking flanges are a pain in the balls to tighten onto the pipes, it is really not worth it...

from now on i'm only ordering stands made by nw, beaver, etc. no junk. i don't need the headache

I may be missing something here, but I bought a couple of 75 cent coin mechs in case I start selling higher end toys, and I tried one out, all I had to do was unscrew the holding screw and then the coin mech just slides up and out, and the 75 cent coin mech slides down into place where the 50 cent one was. So I think all you need is the 75 cent coin mech itself.

Antonio, I recall some people talking about ordering A&As 50 cent mech, but I wasn't sure if they bought the entire mech, or just the upgrade kit. A&A had a better price than NW on upgrade kits--not sure if anything is different in it. I may buy a few, try some upgrades, and see how it goes. I don't know everything about coin mechs, but I've taken enough apart to understand the basics.