Moving Machines

Poplady1

After this discussion on moving equipment I am thinking we need someone to do a how to video.  Does anyone out there have something like that available?  I can probably get one made up unless someone already has one like this or knows where we could send someone when they need that help.

Moving equipment is much safer once you see how to do it, I think.  So anybody got anything, if not I will do one.

Poplady

After this discussion on moving equipment I am thinking we need someone to do a how to video.  Does anyone out there have something like that available?  I can probably get one made up unless someone already has one like this or knows where we could send someone when they need that help.

Moving equipment is much safer once you see how to do it, I think.  So anybody got anything, if not I will do one.

Poplady

That is an EXCELLENT IDEA Poplady!!!!!!!!  So who can do it?  Show us newbies how its done!

NinnJinn, I am hoping someone knows where we can get it from some archieve or something.  If not I can do it and have it done in a couple of weeks.

Poplady

I can't wait!  Thanks!

I do have a contact for a insured mover, but due to where I am, and where they are,  It would cost me $225 just for them to show up at my location!  plus the fees of loading the machine and fees for moving the machine and placing it at another location.  PLUS, since it is out of "their" town,  I would have hourly wages I would have to pay.

So moving myself, would definitely save me a bundle!

Sure.  I will wait until we are certain one doesnn't exist...then I will line up a crew and find a willing vendor.  Shouldn't be too hard.

Poplady

If you can, try to get a little short guy like myself to do the moving! 5ft 6in  maybe 155lbs soaking wet. (dunno, I rarely weigh myself.)

wow  that was neat  but i beat its expensive  we are moving a machine next week ill see if we can  take some pictures i met a guy that works on soda machines, he has a trailer that

he made .  the floor goes down to the ground and we roll machines right on there  its pretty cool.

We will try to show moving machines with different types of equipment from the piano dollies, applicance dollies, drop down dollies and anything eles our vendor is willing to do for us.  It will take us from 2 to 3 weeks to get it done for you all because everyone has a schedule.

We might as well make this as complete as possible if anyone has a good strap that they use and would recommend, would you send me a picture and details.  If you don't have a photo, just send the product name and where it can be purchased. 

Poplady

I've had that one and a slightly different version that has the big wheels in front and the little wheels on the kick out for over ten years. They have collected a lot of dust since I've found a guy that does all my moves but I will never get rid of them.

• 2 months later...

I don't believe the video was ever produced so to speak.  all the videos I have seen are with the $3-4,000 battery operated dollies.

Still waiting for a standard dolly with kick out wheels video to pop up somewhere on the net.

Archived