Moving Machines

Poplady1

• 3 weeks later...

Moving large pop/snack/candy machines is not for the newbie. You need two fit people and you must have a good idea what you are going to do moving a 800 lb machine.

I have seen it all. Broken doors/walls/ broken fingers and legs. Lots of strains a juke box killed a fellow worker on a set of stairs 10 years ago

You think you are fast! try bringing a pop machine down a ramp they will outrun you and fall on top of you for good measure.

Lay a machine down. Hmmm seen it does not always pay off.

A good hancart designed by Coke is amazing

A short narrow pump cart will make life easy

Good strong carpet covered moving dollies are good if you know how to load them

Stair climbers are not for the faint of heart. I have seen the experts use then and they are great but are you going to be the one at the top of a landing that is to short to stand the machine up so now you have to go back and the battery is flat. Saw it (again) a month ago and this was a pro.

I have used a couple of Firemen that do vend moves. I looked around and got quotes $125 is average for easy in, no stairs, one machine.

Whatever you do do not attempt to do stairs have a pro do it. and by the way I have moved a few thousand machines. I still hire people when it is tough.

Good post suncoast!  I did the machines down a ramp thing last week, minus the land on top of me of course. Its a bad feeling when you realize your going where the machine takes you :)

I had the same experience in the summer. I won't repeat that mistake. To make matters worse I had to push the golpher thing up the wheelchair access ramp to get inside.  I thought I was going to die twice within half an hour. :)

http://www.doverco.com/index.php?id=240&redir=Products.htm?CD=4

follow this link. This is the strongest ever. Is made to move heavy machines and is way safer than  the appiance carts. you normally see  + you can (with another person helping) get under low overhangs by see-sawing or get up a curb. (A 1000lb Vendolator) It is the only one I have ever seen that will do it. Big wheels are at the rear and small at front they swing out and act as a fulcrum. No swivel wheels  you simply  skid it around corners.Comes with two crank  straps  Mine is 15 years and they old, still make em.

Steel Vending Machine Hand Truck

Parts List for Appliance Handtrucks

Move the largest vending machines with ease

Designed to take tall vending machines beneath low openings or doorways. Special rocker bar allows heavy loads to be broken back with much less effort. This new feature totally eliminates the problem of the load rolling backwards. Foot-operated swing allows freedom of movement with hands and arms while handling the tallest machines. Provides additional leverage when breaking the machine back. Entire load can be balanced with ease going through a standard door. Swing can be locked in both the free standing and reclined position. Includes: 2-ply, 2-piece 14' web strap with two ratchet strap tighteners; automatic recoil strap; and roller bearing stair climbers. Padded non-marking vinyl strips and soft, protective felt. 5 x 24" footplate; Load cap: 1750 lb.; 1", 14 gauge tubular steel construction.

Archived