Changing direction with my company.

bostonvendor27

This saturday I'm meeting with another vender to look over and talk about  buying a part of her route. I will be looking at 5 commission rack locations ( stickers/toys).  If all goes well and the price is right  this will be the jump start of the new direction I'm taking with my business.   No more candy! No more charity!  Toys/Sticker only!!!!!  

I'm also thinking about rounding up most of my candy locations and selling them as a route. It would be 12  locations making about 200 per month all charity.  Any opinions on this? What do you think a good selling price would be for this( rough estimate )?

I agree with ha.  If they are making you money and not a problem for you to service I would keep them.  Stickers and toys will cost a lot more and the extra cash will come in handy.  Besides, it will give you a backup for machines if need them.

I agree with everyone else. also, if you sell them then that person becomes your competition, they have a 12 location strong hold on your territory. I have locations in some towns that arent all that profitable but I keep them so the competition wont move in on me.

I would not sell off a profitable candy charity route!  Even though I prefer commission toy racks, I like the diversification (and revenue) of the charity machines as well.  The problem most of us have is that there are simply not enough of any particular type of account to go around.  So I say, take what you can get and be happy with the revenue whether it's charity, commission, candy or toys.  A balance diversified vending portfolio is always best IMO.

Believe me if I could I would. I have already changed  every location that  I could to toys, the rest are adult only locations. After thinking about it more and hearing what you guys had to say I have decided to keep my candy locations for now.  Thanks for all the good advice!

• 4 months later...

It's been months now. Please fill us in:)

I did have my meeting today and it went really well. I'm not going to go into too much detail right now because I'm still in the early stages of talks but once/if we come to an agreement I will give the  full update. Wish me luck!

Archived