Dollar Coins

coinvestor

As I am in the process of making all of my snack machines accept $5 bills and pay out $ coins I came across this:

http://catalog.usmint.gov/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=10001&productId=16063&langId=-1&parent_category_rn=27238

They ship for free with no markup, just pay face value. I was having a hard time getting a steady supply through my bank, so this was a big help for me.

JD

I KNOW ALL THE MACHINES I HAVE WILL ACCEPT THEM ,BUT THERES NOT A SLOT ON CHANGER FOR THEM   BUT IT SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD IDEA  COINVESTOR ^-^

If you have at least a 4 tube changer, you can change one of the tubes out and make it a dollar tube. When I send out my changers and validators to be rebuilt I have them add dollar tubes and make the validators 2008 $5 ready. The tubes are easy to change and reconfigure, it only takes a couple of minutes even in a machine on location.

JD

i don't have dollar coin tubes on my bottle machines, but the DBA have a sticker 2008 $5 ok but not quite sure how to activate it.  all the dba and box are crammed into a tight area.  on one machine, the stacker has a tab on each side to open it to get the money,  I have normal to small hands/fingers,  but its in such a tight spot, I have to use my pinky fingers to get the taps pushed in to open the stacker.

• 2 weeks later...

they don't have 2 quarter tubes.  well, the one that got broken into over the weekend now has one, but before they had high capacity changers in them.  if the quarter slot was totally full, it would hold $50  $25 in dimes and $10 in nickles.

The coin mech really has no bearing on accting $5's other then the change issue. To turn on the $5 bills it could be a switch on the validator or a setting in the machine or both. The best way to tell is to let us know what the make and model of the validator and machine is.

Yeah, I didn't mean to imply that the changer upgrade was required, but if you don't pay out dollar coins your customers will get $4 in quarters and that would negate the added benefit of accepting $5's. Also, unless your validator was bought new after 2008, they will not be programmed to take the new $5's unless you send it out to be flashed.

JD

Yeah, I didn't mean to imply that the changer upgrade was required, but if you don't pay out dollar coins your customers will get $4 in quarters and that would negate the added benefit of accepting $5's. Also, unless your validator was bought new after 2008, they will not be programmed to take the new $5's unless you send it out to be flashed.

JD

Just ordered one today. ;D

• 2 months later...

Just a follow up to this, I placed quite a few orders through this program. The shipping got slower and slower until it got to the point I was placing orders before receiving my previous. Then they sent me an e-mail that said my order shipped, but the tracking numbers were never any good. I called to inquire about 3 weeks later and all they could do was snail mail me a form to fill out and mail back, then wait 4-6 weeks for a review. When I called to inquire they said that it was another department that apparently does not have a phone, as I never could talk to them. I knew that I was getting close to my 60 window, so I went to the bank and disputed the charges as fraudulent. The mint sent me an e-mail today saying that they are refunding my money, but I have not seen it as of yet. I couldn't help but through in a snide comment saying "it could be worse, it could be my healthcare I'm waiting for"!!

Just a follow up to this, I placed quite a few orders through this program. The shipping got slower and slower until it got to the point I was placing orders before receiving my previous. Then they sent me an e-mail that said my order shipped, but the tracking numbers were never any good. I called to inquire about 3 weeks later and all they could do was snail mail me a form to fill out and mail back, then wait 4-6 weeks for a review. When I called to inquire they said that it was another department that apparently does not have a phone, as I never could talk to them. I knew that I was getting close to my 60 window, so I went to the bank and disputed the charges as fraudulent. The mint sent me an e-mail today saying that they are refunding my money, but I have not seen it as of yet. I couldn't help but through in a snide comment saying "it could be worse, it could be my healthcare I'm waiting for"!!

lol sorry to say this is HARDLY surprising. though sad you had to file fraud charges against the government :-/

Archived