Hijacking Threads & Unwanted pundits

Big Mike

I thought I would start my own thread to discuss this topic. This is a open forum but cant we use a little common respect? I wont give any details or names but this is really starting to bother me. No matter what the thread or section it is posted in why do people feel they have the right to just toss out any comment they want? The thing that bothers me most (I'm not singling anyone out here) is the donating as a weapon thing. "I don't like what you said and you have not even donated" "You are benefiting from this forum in some way. Why don't you donate" Its ridicules. Stop it.

Mike

I have donated.....now I challenge you and  "your lovely wife Wendy" to match my 2010 donations............was that the hats or baseball  that you were selling?

Baseballs. Damn it. I made a 50.00 donation before you posted. Looks like I came up 10.00 short.  Wendi says thanks for the compliment.

On the original note. I know threads develop as they get longer. I'm talking about someone asking a serious question about a Vendstar. The first reply says that Vendstars are crap and he wouldn't even bother fixing it. The second reply agrees they are crap. The third reply says they are not as crappy as Silent Sales Force machines. The forth reply says he got taken by the SSF biz-op and wants to know if anyone else did. Etc..............

Big "Silver Supporter" Mike

Mike, I know this isn't what you want to hear, but trolls, hijackers and the same people posting are problems for every internet forum, no matter what the subject is.

I know.  :( -- What drawing? I really need to stay in the loop.

Mike

What drawing? I really need to stay in the loop.

Mike

Mike,

Yes you do need to stay in the loop. Check out the contest section for details on the DOOZY contest. The winner will get their choice of the prizes below...

++A brand new 5 way NorthWestern rack on a Silver Sentinel stand. (Includes 2 NW80s and 3 NW60s

++3 NorthWestern Tripleplays.

++10 NW super 60's Your choice of wheels and colors.

++A $500.00 prepaid VISA card to spend as you wish.

Your donation gets you 5 entries into the drawing.

It's only been going on all year!  ;D

Just read my last post wish my phone had spell check.

So do we.

Oh, sorry Timber.  ;)

I was a mod on a truck/4x4 forum for a long time. After a while we all were so comfortable with each other threads were always being hijacked, but not out of malice. Each thread just evolved over time.

I've been on here EVERY day since I joined just reading, and lets face it, there are only so many ways to say a machine sux, a type of location is a dog and gumballs have good margin. For those of you who have been here a long time, these are old topics and wandering off point is to be expected.

Frankly, I don't care about it. I know how to use the Search button and will just scroll down to the next thread about "Which Coin Mech...."

Besides, when we run off-topic you never know what may be said! Many good discussions happen in wayward threads.

Archived