do newer machines have heaters?

NinnJinn

I live where it gets cold from time to time but not weeks at a time. ( usually nothing below +20)  I have noticed with my coke machines that during the warmer days (70+ degrees) the machines typically run between 32-34 degrees.

However last week there was 3 days in a row that it didn't get above 25 degrees but yet my machines were saying that the internal temp was 35-37 degrees.

On the newer machines, would there be a heater installed and some sort of a sensor that measures the outside temp?

I don't know of any machines that come standard with heaters as they are only needed in outdoor machines in the north. The drink machines are very well insulated and the electronics generate heat, like the circulation fan that never stops running.

it will help avoid frozen soda if you dont fill it all the way up but half way or 3/4 maybe.the flavored sodas are the most prone to  freezing,  diet soda and coke zero are even worse.

Lovely!  thanks for the info!  Guess I better go out tomorrow if the storm lets up and empty the machines.  Just stocked them to the top Yesterday.

it will help avoid frozen soda if you dont fill it all the way up but half way or 3/4 maybe.the flavored sodas are the most prone to  freezing,  diet soda and coke zero are even worse.

Same apply to can drinks also?

Lovely!  thanks for the info!  Guess I better go out tomorrow if the storm lets up and empty the machines.  Just stocked them to the top Yesterday.

Sorry, but I would disagree with this. The design of the machine zone cools the product. This means it concentrates the cold into the bottom of the machine. Since heat rises and (coinvestor is right) the evaporator fan is keeping the product from freezing, there is no reason to  lower inventory. If anything a higher inventory will keep the temperature fluctuation t happen slower.

Unless the temp stays in the low 20's or teens for days on end freezing drinks should not be a problem. If you would move down to South Texas you wouldn't have to ever worry about that problem. ;D

Your absolutely right!  Wouldn't have that problem at all!  the problem I would have, is finding locations that you don't have yet!  ;D

Archived