repairing machines on slow locations?

spdydre

On a slow location is it better to just cut your losses if the machine goes down or fix it?  I have two slow locations and one of the machines is down so I am thinking of just selling it as is and moving the other machine from the other slow location into this one.  Is this a bad idea? These locations only did $50-$100 a month and now in december they have gone down to under $50 a month.  If it was a better location I could justify fixing it but I just am not sure if repairing it is worth it especially if it does not make that much money. advice?

are you asking if the location isnt making money because the machine is down??I would imagine he knows the location is slow because the machine he as in there worked at one point.technivend is an excellant source of great info,his advice sounds to be spot on.

I would make the decision based on the age and value of the machine, versus the cost of the repair. The value of the location wouldn't enter into the equation for me. If the machine is worth repairing, I'd repair it. I can always move it to a better location.

well it stopped cooling i believe the fan motor went out which isnt so bad and a cheap fix.  I think I will just repair it and then move it later on.  I just have already fixed this machine twice and have about $1200+ into the location already..  If i  was to move the machine to a better location what is the best way to go about doing this and dealing with the owner?

I'd wait until you found a location and then go in and talk with the guy and let him know that you need to pull your machine out and give him a week's notice so he has a chance to get someone else. Be professional and thank him for letting you be in his business.

just remember, the money you have invested is in the machine and NOT the location.  December is a tough month, and $100 is still an okay, although slow location.  If you get all of the problems fixed, the machine will be operating like new.  I personally would fix it and leave it.  December  and January are going to be slow, but it's still money coming in.  As you grow, maybe the location won't fit your business plan, but you never know.

Archived