The "Other" HouTex Vending....

dperry

I got a problem and I don't know what to do about it.

I do bulk vending, and only bulk vending and I advertise as HouTex Vending.  However, there seems to be another HouTex Vending company in my area.  I've been getting an increased number of calls these days from people who need to have their coke machine serviced.  Well, I'm sorry, but it ain't mine.

So anyways, I get a call tonight from one of these people.  I tell her "I'm sorry, but that's not me".  She says that she called the other guys number and that it was disconnected.  She said she even sent a certified letter to the other guy.  I'm guessing they are out of business.  Unfortunately, I have no contact information for them.

I told this lady that I would try and investigate and try to find the owners, but that I could offer no guarantees.  Maybe somebody here knows who might be behind the "other" HouTex Vending company.  The company operates out of Houston, TX. If you know anything please let me know.

Ultimately, I see this as an opportunity for aspiring full-line vendor who wants to get into any abandoned locations.  Maybe even a possibility to get some machines on the cheap.

Not much you can do unless you find some contact info. :(

If you have his name you might want to search the courthouse assumed names database for an address, it might be different than the one the lady sent a letter to. If there is a chance he was a corp or LLC you can find some info from the Secretary of State office, though I think you might have to pay for access to this one.

That's about all the help I can think of.

It's possible that the owner of this company died.I have a location that the location sold me equipment that the vending company never returned to service the machines.I looked up the name that was inside the machine and could not find any information on them.Just a thought.

John

Archived