Greetings from The Great State of Texas

rnl828

:)

Hey Everyone,

I'm new around here and am very glad I found this forum.  For some time now I have searched for a forum to share and learn about this business.  In the last few days I have been on here consistently soaking up the knowledge and admiring everyone's signature.  Some people have 160 machines and it just makes my eyes go  :o like what am I doing wrong?  I am a senior in college and I feel that if I start early with a business when it's time to graduate and enter grad school everything will get better. 

My first introduction into vending started after someone told me about looking into vendstar machines.  I looked, looked and looked then eventually purchased 3 vendstar's from a guy looking to get out of the business.  Only 3 weeks later I purchased a FSI snack machine and a soda machine.  6 Months later I have 2 FSI snack machines 1 Combo machine and a Dixie narco Pepsi Machine.  Each machine I bought was over $500 (especially the Dixie $1,000 :'().  All of my machines are paid off and have made THE MONEY BACK in under 2 months. ;D

I'm really just nervous about going to get new accounts, I don't feel as if I have it all together with pricing, and strategy.  Hopefully I can continue to meet new people and learn the best way to get everything done.  I have a ein, sales permit, business account, dba and logo... I'm only 22 and I really need guidance.  :-[

P.S.  I am a business major and I'll get a MBA after I get my bachelors. 

I APPRECCCCIIIIAAAATTTEEEE EVERYONE, THANKS!!!!!! B)

Welcome to the group.  If your making your money back, you are most likely doing things right.  Many of the people who buy Vendstars don't make their money back for years.  (Then again they buy them new.)  So your already kicking butt.  But obviously this place is still an invaluable resource, so learn all you can.

Good luck in your endeavors. 

I never had a chance to complete a college degree, even with a scholarship offer to Michigan.  Life gets in the way sometimes.  I would say that you should be grateful that you have that education to fall back on, and know that I have had to work very hard at every position in my fulltime job as a Regional Inventory Manager, to get to to where I am today.  My company requires a Masters Degree in Supply Chain Mgmt, or other purchasing related study, in order to get hired from outside our organization.  I would be willing to trade places in a heartbeat with you, but we all have a path set before us by the Lord on where and how he wants our lives to go.  I still plan to finish my degree, but it's going to take awhile before I complete it.

I never had a chance to complete a college degree, even with a scholarship offer to Michigan.  Life gets in the way sometimes.  I would say that you should be grateful that you have that education to fall back on, and know that I have had to work very hard at every position in my fulltime job as a Regional Inventory Manager, to get to to where I am today.  My company requires a Masters Degree in Supply Chain Mgmt, or other purchasing related study, in order to get hired from outside our organization.  I would be willing to trade places in a heartbeat with you, but we all have a path set before us by the Lord on where and how he wants our lives to go.  I still plan to finish my degree, but it's going to take awhile before I complete it.

Sounds like my story. I would like to find the time to go back and finish my degree as well.

Archived