Mobile Version

Technivend

The mobile version is quick and easy to read. However I do not see anyway to post a new topic, reply to a post or sign in. I don't know if the psoting is due to no sign in option or not. When trying to view the full board on a mobile device to post (like this message) is not easy.

Check that....I went to the full version on my BB for the above post. Then when I went back to the mobile version I can now post. Seems as if it is not being able to sign in on the mobile version

Hmmm. The fast post seemed to append my original post. I am now trying the "add reply" button.

Well the add reply appended my post as well. Someone please reply to this post so I can see how it is applied when I reply.

The mobile version is quick and easy to read. However I do not see anyway to post a new topic, reply to a post or sign in. I don't know if the psoting is due to no sign in option or not. When trying to view the full board on a mobile device to post (like this message) is not easy.

Check that....I went to the full version on my BB for the above post. Then when I went back to the mobile version I can now post. Seems as if it is not being able to sign in on the mobile version

Hmmm. The fast post seemed to append my original post. I am now trying the "add reply" button.

Well the add reply appended my post as well. Someone please reply to this post so I can see how it is applied when I reply.

Yes, we already had that discussion about replies being added to your last post. It turns out it will do that if the new post is within 6 minutes of the last post. I wonder how it will work if somebody posts between your postings, but is still within 6 minutes.

I wonder how it will work if somebody posts between your postings, but is still within 6 minutes.

It will only add to your post if you were the last poster. Once someone else makes a post, your next post will be a separate post.

I set this at 5 mins thinking it would help cut down on multiple successive posts in one thread. Do you think I should set it to something like 1 minute instead?

It will only add to your post if you were the last poster. Once someone else makes a post, your next post will be a separate post.

I set this at 5 mins thinking it would help cut down on multiple successive posts in one thread. Do you think I should set it to something like 1 minute instead?

Now that it was explained to me I kinda like that idea of 5 minutes. Lets me fix my post when I get off track!!

this is what I see.let me know if I CAN BE OF MORE HELP.

Now that it was explained to me I kinda like that idea of 5 minutes. Lets me fix my post when I get off track!!

I can see merging two separate posts within 5 minutes, that makes a lot of sense.

Can we still "edit" a single post for an hour like before?

I didn't know there was a mobile version

Mobile version shows up automatically when using a smartphone. It doesn't appear to have a "mobile" address, or does it? I wanted to try to use the M version on my netbook even though the full version works so much better on the netbook then the old boards.

Holy cow! I just logged in on my Droid and Steve, I likey fine! This mobile version is sweet momma mia!!!!!!! I love it! Either verizon just boosted the 3g or this is the way mobile TVF is supposed to work. I am flying through the forum as if I was on my desktop at home! Before today when I would log in, I would have to wait for it to load, then slide from side to side, zoom in, zoom out. Wait for it to load.......... you get the idea!

Holy cow! I just logged in on my Droid and Steve, I likey fine! This mobile version is sweet momma mia!!!!!!! I love it! Either verizon just boosted the 3g or this is the way mobile TVF is supposed to work. I am flying through the forum as if I was on my desktop at home! Before today when I would log in, I would have to wait for it to load, then slide from side to side, zoom in, zoom out. Wait for it to load.......... you get the idea!

Hmm.... I just tried it with my blackberry. It defaults to the mobile version (of course) but it did not try to log me in at all. And I cannot reply to posts, etc. Am I doing something wrong?

Hmm.... I just tried it with my blackberry. It defaults to the mobile version (of course) but it did not try to log me in at all. And I cannot reply to posts, etc. Am I doing something wrong?

That's what happened to me as you can see in my original post. I had to switch over to the full version, sign in there and then go back to the mobile version. I don't think it was ever answered why.

On another note, the mobile version works great on my 7 inch netbook with Jolicloud on it!!

How I am able to log in under mobile is that on the full version I have it checked to remember me. I also have vendiscuss shortcut on my home screen.

Now if I click browser and then type in vendiscuss. Then I have to sign in. Hope this helps! :)

How I am able to log in under mobile is that on the full version I have it checked to remember me. I also have vendiscuss shortcut on my home screen.

Now if I click browser and then type in vendiscuss. Then I have to sign in. Hope this helps! :)

Right, the only way I found to log in on mobile is to first sign in on the regular site and then go to mobile. Once the cookie is set you are signed in on the mobile site. BUT, to get to the sign in on the full site with a mobile device is a pain in the butt.

Right, the only way I found to log in on mobile is to first sign in on the regular site and then go to mobile. Once the cookie is set you are signed in on the mobile site. BUT, to get to the sign in on the full site with a mobile device is a pain in the butt.

Yeah, I have a BB for work, and just a regular LG for my personal phone. When I use my personal phone, I can read the posts, but only as a guest. When I try to switch to the full version, I get a message that the screen is too big to display. At that point, I have to close the browser since I can't get it back to the mobile version after that.

Archived