Photos/avatars

mission vending

OK I got the part about the difference between photos and avatars.

I've tried to upload a photo to each category but I get an error that the image it too large. There is a feature on the upload page that says it will automatically resize an image that is too large but it is not doing so for me. Am I doing something wrong?

OK I got the part about the difference between photos and avatars.

I've tried to upload a photo to each category but I get an error that the image it too large. There is a feature on the upload page that says it will automatically resize an image that is too large but it is not doing so for me. Am I doing something wrong?

I have the same issue

I'm not sure yet why the auto resize is not working. Until this is fixed, you can go to www.picresize.com. Upload your photo and resize it to 150 px wide.

I had the same problem so I simply put the pic in Paint, resized it to about 50%, up loaded it at that size and it worked. At least I think it did.....

I've done some investigating and here is what I have come up with on this.

The auto re-sizer will resize the pixel dimensions of your avatar if it is larger than 100x100, however, it will not reduce the size in KB. There is a 50 KB limit for avatars.

I've done some investigating and here is what I have come up with on this.

The auto re-sizer will resize the pixel dimensions of your avatar if it is larger than 100x100, however, it will not reduce the size in KB. There is a 50 KB limit for avatars.

So what do we do to upload an avatar? Will the website previously mentioned for resizing also reduce KB?

Doesn`t resizing it (smaller) also reduce the KB?:huh:???

Yes although it may still end up being larger than 50kb.

Just a thought here.....

If we add pix to our gallery, can we just link them in with messages instead of attaching them?

gallery_105_7_47838.jpg

Ok, this test worked.

Copied the link from one in the gallery, and used the "insert image" icon and pasted the link in the dialog box.

Well don't know if I have suceeded but thought I would be the first to hijack a thread on this new site.

Darryl, do you have a blue print for that stand? Or maybe some rough dimensions, is it 1/2" plywood etc.

I typically use 5/8" particle board, or 3/4" boards found at Lowes.

I get a 4' x 8' sheet of particle board ($16) and have them cut it into 4 2' x 4' boards. One 2x4 board is enough to make one of these bench racks.

I cut a 3/4" wide and 1/4" deep dado groove down the middle of the top and the sides so that they can accept the middle support.

I also have a 3/4" wide and 1/4" deep rabbit on the edges of the top to accommodate the tops of the sides.

I use a 1/4" round-over router bit to round down the edges.

After a good sanding, I then stain them and put on 2 coats of clear satin polyurethane.

I then screw them into place with bevel head screws.

The dimensions are

Top: 10" x 24"

Sides: 10" x 15"

Middle support: 11 1/2" x 23 3/4"

The feet are 3 1/2" x 14"

Hope that helps.

I will be adding some pix of my latest pedestal stand that holds a Super 80 (or similar) with wings to hold some 1in machines on the sides.

Archived