Runts Candy

classicglide

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have had a few of my accounts request Runts, so I have been trying to find the best price.I just found it I believe. It was from Quill, they have a 30lb. box for $47. and if you buy three or more it drops to $44 a box. Before this the best I could find was $65 and up.

Since I have posted this I have just about ran out of Runts. Well was gonna order some more today and Quill has increased the amount you have to buy to get the free shipping. Now you have to buy over $75 worth of items to get it shipped free.I could order two boxes but am afraid they would go bad before I would sell that many.I still have a couple pounds left from the original order from a couple months ago.

Since I have posted this I have just about ran out of Runts. Well was gonna order some more today and Quill has increased the amount you have to buy to get the free shipping. Now you have to buy over $75 worth of items to get it shipped free.I could order two boxes but am afraid they would go bad before I would sell that many.I still have a couple pounds left from the original order from a couple months ago.

I'm pretty sure they'll last a long longer if you seal them. If you take them out of the box they come in and put in Tupperware then you should keep fine for a long time. I bought some and seal them in large ziplock bags. That makes it easy for me to label the date sealed and take the bag out to locations to fill. You probably bought yours in Feb. that's only 2 months, they should still be very fresh if you are keeping them cool and dry.

I'm pretty sure they'll last a long longer if you seal them. If you take them out of the box they come in and put in Tupperware then you should keep fine for a long time. I bought some and seal them in large ziplock bags. That makes it easy for me to label the date sealed and take the bag out to locations to fill. You probably bought yours in Feb. that's only 2 months, they should still be very fresh if you are keeping them cool and dry.

The shelf life on Runts is well over a year if you store them in a cool dry environment, even in their original packaging.

I'm surprised that they don't sell gum for their gumball machines. Maybe search isn't pulling that up either.

Rob found a restuarant location for me once. It was supposed to be for a double. Rob sent me one of those "You've Got Locations" emails. In the note the location requested 3 different candies: Runts, Skittles and one other candy that I cannot remember. I turned down the location. For one, they requested three products. Secondly, I could not vend gumballs. I am done with these low profit margin accounts.

On a more positive note, that price for Runts at Quill is unbeatable. Order 3 boxes at $45 each and get free shipping! Wow! I may order some myself. Quill will also send you $20 off coupons for orders over $100 once you place a few orders. I am looking right now at three coupons they sent me (but can't combine them). So I can get 3 cases (32220 pieces) for $115 and no shipping for the next 3 orders That would make about a 3 cent product cost per vend (based on 9 pieces). Looks like I will be vending some Runts soon!

I just made my order. With the $20 off you're right. It's unbeatable...

Ship from Quill.com, LEBANON, PA Item No. Product Description Color Qty. Unit Price Total 901-020100 Wonka® Runts® Fruit Candy; 30 Lb Bulk

3.00 CS $38.32 $114.96

Sub Total: $114.96 Estimated Tax: $8.05 Total: $123.01

I do take them out of the box and store them in zip lock and then in a sealed container.So maybe they are still ok then. Did'nt know they would last that long. Thanks for the replies guys. I did go ahead and order some more with some Hot Tamales to get the free shipping.

I have these in 2 locations. This stuff is like crack. Pulled 33.00 out of a head today for 3 1/2 weeks.

Really? I saw someone here a while back saying it didn't sell very well. How big are your portion sizes, and what are you charging?

"I have these in 2 locations. This stuff is like crack. Pulled 33.00 out of a head today for 3 1/2 weeks."

I ran out of Runts a couple weeks ago in one location. The employees sent word they wanted the runts back in stead of the reese's pieces I put in.

Went today and put the runts back before I left one employee was going to the machine with a dollars worth of quarters.

Gotta love Gumball Junkies and the Runts addicts

Remember today is the last day to get $20 off of $75 food order from quills. Use the code YHG. Buy two cases, get $20 off, and get free shipping.

already had 3 cases come in this week, got 4 cases of gumballs on their way from sams, just need to order more toys from A&A out of money right now though. gonna have to wait till I service next week. Can't wait till I at the point where I can order a month or 2 worth of product and not empty my business account, or when I can pitch the larger locations and afford to order a new rack when I need too.

already had 3 cases come in this week, got 4 cases of gumballs on their way from sams, just need to order more toys from A&A out of money right now though. gonna have to wait till I service next week. Can't wait till I at the point where I can order a month or 2 worth of product and not empty my business account, or when I can pitch the larger locations and afford to order a new rack when I need too.

I'm in the same boat, ordered two cases of runts and got 4 cases of gumballs from Sams yesterday. I'm servicing this weekend to get money for more toys.

I'm in the same boat, ordered two cases of runts and got 4 cases of gumballs from Sams yesterday. I'm servicing this weekend to get money for more toys.

I just got an opinion poll from Quill's in an email. Told them Sam's was much cheaper on M&M's and had a bigger selection of gumballs.They need to offer more gum and better prices on everything except Runt's. Tried to order Runt's from Sam's and was told that if wasn't shown on thier website they could not get it. No questions.

This Runts "discovery" could be the greatest thing since the invention of the 8-Track! LOL. But seriously, I installed 9 cases of this stuff in April. Can't wait to check on it in June. Amazing how something as simple as this stayed under the radar for so long. Sort of like a number one draft pick going in the later rounds. Remember Dan Marino? Could Runts someday become a 1st string product surpassing even the legendary M&M Peanuts? Could the new candy/gum standard become Runts and Gumballs?? Will M&M Peanuts become another Bret Favre soon? Only time will tell. Keep those Quill coupon codes coming!

I just got an email coupon from Quills good for the month of May. Use coupon code GNE for $10 off a $75 order or coupon code DPF for $20 off a $150 order.

Thanks for the tip. I just ordered 4 cases. Can't beat the price with free shipping.

Thanks for the tip. I just ordered 4 cases. Can't beat the price with free shipping.

What is the profit margin on Runts compared to gumballs? And what setting should you use on a Northwestern Super 60?

Thanks All

Archived