Runts Candy

classicglide

What is the profit margin on Runts compared to gumballs? And what setting should you use on a Northwestern Super 60?

Thanks All

Looks like my cost with coupon and sales tax will be .0039283 per pc

10pcs cost .039

12pcs cost .047

Looks like the cost of goods to be in the 4-5 cent range per vend.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like my cost with coupon and sales tax will be .0039283 per pc

10pcs cost .039

12pcs cost .047

Looks like the cost of goods to be in the 4-5 cent range per vend.

Looks like I started something here with the post on Runts. Lets see what would be the commission on all these sales? hummm

Looks like I started something here with the post on Runts. Lets see what would be the commission on all these sales? hummm

How many pieces are in each box?

10,740 pcs per box

OK

That's 10740 divided by 10 pieces per vend = 1074 vends per box

1074 x $.25 per vend = $268.50 per box which = America's Best Kept secret!

Quill.com Here I come!!!!!! :o

Looks like I am going from gumball singles to Runtball doubles.

OK

That's 10740 divided by 10 pieces per vend = 1074 vends per box

1074 x $.25 per vend = $268.50 per box which = America's Best Kept secret!

Quill.com Here I come!!!!!! :o

Looks like I am going from gumball singles to Runtball doubles.

It all figures out and looks good on paper, but will it sell in your location and area is the big question. I have been watching other machines in my area and it seems the runts are dissapearing as past as anything else. Hope it continues when I finally get some out there.

Could the new candy/gum standard become Runts and Gumballs??

Runts and GB have always been the standard for me if offering two products. You can look at my earliest posts from 2007 where I explained that when you are offering two products, you should use items that have 2 different shapes. It is better for sales. Runts and GB always produced more quarters than the GB and PMM combo. Both of which are round products. As a side note to this, you should also put the GB in the right side head. I explained the reason for this as well quite some time ago.

Runts as a good seller is nothing new. Maybe just forgotten about for a while by some.

BTW, Still loving the NFL analogies Jaxburgh!

• 3 weeks later...

I ordered 3 cases this time to get the lowest price. I also ordered a pipe stand so it would go over the $150 so I could use the $20 coupon.

That made the pipe stand $30.86 and the Runts $39.70 per box. Plus no shipping.

Just got another coupon from Quills - $20 off a $100 order in month of June. Coupon code is QZC. Says its only good for 1 use so I guess its 1st come 1st serve. Use at your own risk, your mileage may vary, yada yada yada.......

Just got another coupon from Quills - $20 off a $100 order in month of June. Coupon code is QZC. Says its only good for 1 use so I guess its 1st come 1st serve. Use at your own risk, your mileage may vary, yada yada yada.......

How do you get coupon codes?

I ordered 3 cases this time to get the lowest price. I also ordered a pipe stand so it would go over the $150 so I could use the $20 coupon.

That made the pipe stand $30.86 and the Runts $39.70 per box. Plus no shipping.

Thanks for the heads up. I needed stands asap. So I ordered 3 stands and one case of runts. :)

How do you get coupon codes?

In my "day" job, we ordered some office supplies from Quills once or twice, although we usually use Office Depot. That got us on the list so we now get email coupons/offers and printed flyers in the mail.

Haven't been to Quill in forever. I see that they stopped carrying gumballs. It was sweet when they had ford carousel for $18.99 a case. Those days are long gone.

• 4 weeks later...

I sent Willy Wonka (Nestles) an email saying that they should put labels in the bulk cases. They asked me what size and how many I needed. Sent them to me for free. Got some for NW globes and for the triple heads.

I sent Willy Wonka (Nestles) an email saying that they should put labels in the bulk cases. They asked me what size and how many I needed. Sent them to me for free. Got some for NW globes and for the triple heads.

yeah I done the same at Havending suggestion, got them to send me 30 for free.

I did the same thing, but they still need to put them in their boxes. I guess they are cutting cost. Like if you want want water at some restaurants you must request it.

Hillbilly, Mainor, Havending, and anyone else that's gotten free labels: What email/contact did you use to get them?

I sent an email to the general Nestle/Wonka address and they couldn't help me.

They said I had to contact the distributor...

Archived