Runts Candy

classicglide

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jax, thanks for shaing the code.

3 cases for 115 is a super deal. BUT, Do I want 90 pounds of runts?

It is mighty tempting.

I would have to say that the runts are my slowest candy seller, but with the profit margin and lasting power, I think they are worth having in machines.

Keep pushing them and say that you ordered the cases from Quill and they do not provide the labels. By the second email, they asked how many and what size. Hope this helps!

Hillbilly, Mainor, Havending, and anyone else that's gotten free labels: What email/contact did you use to get them?

I sent an email to the general Nestle/Wonka address and they couldn't help me.

They said I had to contact the distributor...

Hillbilly, Mainor, Havending, and anyone else that's gotten free labels: What email/contact did you use to get them?

I sent an email to the general Nestle/Wonka address and they couldn't help me.

They said I had to contact the distributor...

I called a toll free number 1-800-225-2270, just told them I had about thirty more triples to go out and needed that many labels, she said no problem, labels arrived about 3 weeks later.

WillyWonka@casupport.com[mailto:WillyWonka@casupport.com] This is the address they emailed me back from. Originally I just sent an email to Customer service at the Willy Wonka website.

• 1 month later...

So far I have two locations that sell runts and they both do about $3.00 per month. One is a pizza restaurant and the other is a sandwich shop. These are locations with brand new NW singles. I just put an NW single in a Chinese restaurant. If this one does not do well, I will be done with runts. I will just stick with gumballs. They have done well everywhere...even in the high end restaurants.

:(

Anyone gotten updated coupon codes for Runts through Quill?

Seems all they're pushing right now is ink and toner on their discounts.

THANKS!

Try this one "YQL" It is $15 off a $100 order or more. Good through the end of the month.

So far I have two locations that sell runts and they both do about $3.00 per month. One is a pizza restaurant and the other is a sandwich shop. These are locations with brand new NW singles. I just put an NW single in a Chinese restaurant. If this one does not do well, I will be done with runts. I will just stick with gumballs. They have done well everywhere...even in the high end restaurants.

:(

They are all over the board for me and some locations do $2 per month while others $15. Some places they even outsell the M&M Pnuts.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wanted to get some additional feedback on vend portions for Runts.

For a Northwestern wheel....

At the lowest setting, I am averaging 9.7 pieces per vend

At the next lowest setting, I am averaging 12.1 pieces per vend

What is everyone vending in regards to number of pieces of Runts? (I saw 9 and 12 earlier on this thread but not a consensus.)

I feel like less than 10 is too few, but going from 9 per vend to 12 per vend is a 33% increase in product.

What is everyone vending in regards to number of pieces of Runts? (I saw 9 and 12 earlier on this thread but not a consensus.)

I feel like less than 10 is too few, but going from 9 per vend to 12 per vend is a 33% increase in product.

For my runts, I'm averaging 7-10 pieces at 25 cents in a Northwestern Triple Play at the lowest setting. I have yet to have a dissatisfied customer.

I have Runts in one machine only. In the second machine I ever placed, at a friend's business in western Pennsylvania that does lampworking/glass blowing. He's a huge fan of Willy Wonka, the original movie, and I had to get some kind of Wonka-based candy for him, so I got Runts, only one I could find at the time and being new to the business ended up paying $2.00/pound and bought about 3 pounds, enough to at least half-fill one Vendstar 3000 hopper.

Here's what I've learned since then:

Runts seem to have a shelf life of forever. Since they're -- correct me if I'm wrong -- powered candy poured into molds and compressed into their shapes by pressures within an inch of their lives, they vend well and don't seem to be able to go stale. They didn't do well, and after the better part of a year I'd pulled the machine and relocated it at an auto body repair facility, part of the Carstar chain. They did "okay", sales on them dwindled to not a whole heckuva lot compared to Skittles and Peanut M&M's. I pulled that machine and that's when it dawned on me that this was the original bunch of Runts I went into vending with!

Sorry. into which I went into vending!

So:

I pulled the Runts when I relocated the machine to my oldest nephew's new pizzaria. And I checked the Runts. No bugs, no problems. I ate some. Still every bit as good, the flavor is as good as ever and they're as hard as when they were new.

When I first looked into vending as a side business, everything I was reading online was warning me away from Runts, saying they weren't a good product for bulk vending. It also said that if you see a machine with Runts in it, then the machine is probably not being looked after. The funny part is when I got my first machines, a brand new Vendstar 6000 and a new Buzz Bite machine, I went to my nephew's first pizzaria and saw he had 2 charity machines by 2 different charities, one of which had Runts. Remembering what I'd read, I asked him about the machine and true to what I'd read, the guy who owned it barely looked after it at all. So in a way, Runts was good for me because it helped me get rid of the machine they were in in favor of the two of mine :)

Meanwhile I hear about people doing well with Runts. Personally I don't see how, but if people are actually asking for them and some of you in The Teeming Millions are having success with them, good on yunz! I wish I knew of a good market for them myself, I like the doggone things!

As I munch some of those Runts candies from my aforementioned original batch circa 2009, I checked my Vendstar 6000's user manual which is what I use for settings. On a setting of 5, it averages 11-13 pieces. Which seems generous as heck for a quarter :)

Archived