Genesis Combos - Need model information

Boazcat

I've got someone on Craigslist offering 2 locations that are right between two of my locations. One is an sports medicine clinic ($48 pull from one week) and the other is an auto body collision center ($119 one week pull.)

Both locations are Genesis Combos that he says are 5 months old. Story is Son was starting the business and then got deployed and now Dad is trying to sell. I'm going to look at the machines on Friday.

He says model numbers are: 17367 & 17389 and they were bought brand new.

I've been burned before with "Genesis" machines bought off ebay that weren't actually Genesis, but look identical to them.

Can anyone help me find out if those models numbers are legit?

He's asking $2500 for each one. I would like to have those places and then see about upgrading the machines after awhile.

How much would you be willing to pay for these stops?

Thanks,

Michael

are those #s averages, or what they seem high

how long have the machines been on location.

try to at least get an avg, min, max value or better yet a route sheet for as long sa they have been on location those #s dont sound right, $119 a week you'd be refilling that machine 2x a week probably

• 2 weeks later...

I agree... I have several Genesis machines....

.....$119, that machine would be very very empty

...... they are neat machines, if maintained right

..... they sell new for bout 3600, so do the math,would take quite a while to pay off

..... you can find them much cheaper used, then again every1 that paid the 3600, wants to get most of it back..

anyways here is the # for Genesis------516-483-222 or email services@genesismfg.com

....no, i did not buy these new.......and to every1 that has one of these, DOESNT THE BEEPING DRIVE YOU NUTS

They are actually Office Deli Machines made by Antares. They are bigger and hold more selections than the Genesis.

The seller doesn't have records because he says his son had all that information. $119 pull does seem high, but that location is a large auto body collision center with lots of foot traffic and quite a few employees. Both locations are 5 months old. I can tell the seller doesn't stock the machines because he didn't take the quickest route between the two places. He went the long way...

I want to recoup my costs in 12 months.

I'm making a low offer today and we'll see what happens.

They are actually Office Deli Machines made by Antares. They are bigger and hold more selections than the Genesis.

The seller doesn't have records because he says his son had all that information. $119 pull does seem high, but that location is a large auto body collision center with lots of foot traffic and quite a few employees. Both locations are 5 months old. I can tell the seller doesn't stock the machines because he didn't take the quickest route between the two places. He went the long way...

I want to recoup my costs in 12 months.

I'm making a low offer today and we'll see what happens.

how many employees at the loc. i have 2 locs that are very big autobody places , around 20-25 employees each i pull $100 every TWO weeks from there and i have a 4 wide and fullsize (368 can) soda machine there

i have a hard time believing $119 from a combo machine per week maybe if its COMPLETELY empty

let me put it this way a dixie 368 machine completely full holds around $239 in product at a 65 cent vend price. so assuming u pull a hundred bucks out of it thats about 40% empty, in reality odds are 2 or 3 selections are sold out at that point

and we're talking a far bigger machine than these combo.

so again im gonna ay those revenue figures are highly suspect, and even if they are accurate you are gonna drive yourself nuts servicing that machine and it will cost you way more than it should in terms of your cost of servicing.

just out of curiosity what are you offering? have you got route sheets or done some collections with the owner?

i did a quick check on the office deli machine specs

Entree Unit: 14 entree selections; 68 entree capacity

Snack Unit: 16 snack selections; 160 snack capacity

Drink Unit 8 drink selections; 126 drink capacity (cans, bottles, Red Bull)

I offered $3000 for both locations. Even with modest pulls, that would be paying it off in 12 months. He hasn't responded yet. I'm not desperate for them, so I'll pass or wait for him to come back down if he bucks.

He didn't have any documentation.... Makes me wonder.

I offered $3000 for both locations. Even with modest pulls, that would be paying it off in 12 months. He hasn't responded yet. I'm not desperate for them, so I'll pass or wait for him to come back down if he bucks.

He didn't have any documentation.... Makes me wonder.

i guess everyones defintion of modest is different, you'd have to do over $60 a week per location gross..(prob more if you include costs associated with servicing the account) i dont own any combo units so i dont know if thats a reasonable amount for those machines to do without running out of product but that seems like a big nut to have to rely on in those type locations. myself id suspect 50 a w/k as absolute max

just my own 2c

i guess everyones defintion of modest is different, you'd have to do over $60 a week per location gross..(prob more if you include costs associated with servicing the account)

Well said. I know the cost to service discussion has come around a few times, but its something well worth remembering. Especially with the recent surge in fuel prices. I'd be willing to bet that by the third quarter, without some pullback in the recent record highs of commodities like oil, sugar, corn, and cocoa which are all staples of the vending industry, will we be seeing wholesale price increases like we did in 2008.

Well said. I know the cost to service discussion has come around a few times, but its something well worth remembering. Especially with the recent surge in fuel prices. I'd be willing to bet that by the third quarter, without some pullback in the recent record highs of commodities like oil, sugar, corn, and cocoa which are all staples of the vending industry, will we be seeing wholesale price increases like we did in 2008.

I have a Gaines combo machine that has 19 snack and candy selections (187 vends)with 6 drink selections (177 vends), in the summer I average around $130 per week and in the winter I average $80 every week. Although a few of selections sell out every week in the summer, the machine does fairly well for me.

On another note, has anyone considered raising prices now by 5% or so in order to have a stronger net for the next 4 or 5 months to help offset future price increases?

On another note, has anyone considered raising prices now by 5% or so in order to have a stronger net for the next 4 or 5 months to help offset future price increases?

yes ive printed up some signs to the effect of

"NOTICE TO THE CUSTOMER -- DUE TO RISING GAS PRICES AND PRODUCT COSTS, WE WILL BE FORCED TO INCREASE OUR PRICES BY $0.XX IN THE NEXT FEW WEEKS, WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE."

i have not put them up yet though, mainly because i havent decided on where the prices should be.

most of my drinks are at 65c, one location is at 75 and other is at 70. i would like them all at 75c but i dont know if i can get away with that especially in blue collar locations.

chips and crackers are going up to 65 and candy needs to go up to 90c at least i think (75 currently)

what do you guys think? too much?

most of my drinks are at 65c, one location is at 75 and other is at 70. i would like them all at 75c but i dont know if i can get away with that especially in blue collar locations.

chips and crackers are going up to 65 and candy needs to go up to 90c at least i think (75 currently)

If you can get away with a higher soda price, then go for it. I already vend all my candy bars at 85c. Publix always holds sales of buy one get one 18 packs ( they are this week) so the candy bars net out to 35c, and I buy enough to last to the next sale, usually a couple of months worth. My chips are at 60c and crackers are at 50c. I plan to go up at least a nickel on everything in the next month or so with the exception of soda.

I've had a sign on my machines since the last gas jump in 2008.It reads:"Like most businesses that are food and transportation based,we are seeing a significant increase in the cost of our products and the cost to transport.The increased cost of gas has not only increased our operating cost,but the operating cost of our suppliers that they then pass on to us.This leaves us paying more for transportation,and also making less to cover this expense.Therefore we are forced to increase our prices as the need arises.

Thank you for your understanding,

Anderson Vending Service"

Someone posted this back in 2008 but I don't remember who,but many thanks to whoever posted it because since I posted this on my machines,noone has complained about my prices.

John

yes ive printed up some signs to the effect of

"NOTICE TO THE CUSTOMER -- DUE TO RISING GAS PRICES AND PRODUCT COSTS, WE WILL BE FORCED TO INCREASE OUR PRICES BY $0.XX IN THE NEXT FEW WEEKS, WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE."

i have not put them up yet though, mainly because i havent decided on where the prices should be.

what do you guys think? too much?

I keep a very close eye on my COGS and keep it between 50-55%. It's one of the few categories that we really have total control over. As it drifts up toward the 55% mark I start looking at where I can increase prices to get it to trend back down. Depending on existing prices and the location I will raise prices in only one or two categories, soda and pastries being a recent example at one location. Today I went to 60 cents on 1oz chips at a location and left all other prices alone. I also try to never raise prices by more than a nickel at a time to minimize sticker shock and blow back from the location.

If you can get away with a higher soda price, then go for it. I already vend all my candy bars at 85c. Publix always holds sales of buy one get one 18 packs ( they are this week) so the candy bars net out to 35c, and I buy enough to last to the next sale, usually a couple of months worth. My chips are at 60c and crackers are at 50c. I plan to go up at least a nickel on everything in the next month or so with the exception of soda.

LOL i cleaned out publix too , problem is its only mars and never nestle, i cleaned them out of pepsico products as well after the superbowl

I keep a very close eye on my COGS and keep it between 50-55%. It's one of the few categories that we really have total control over. As it drifts up toward the 55% mark I start looking at where I can increase prices to get it to trend back down. Depending on existing prices and the location I will raise prices in only one or two categories, soda and pastries being a recent example at one location. Today I went to 60 cents on 1oz chips at a location and left all other prices alone. I also try to never raise prices by more than a nickel at a time to minimize sticker shock and blow back from the location.

do you notify the contact or put a sign before adjust prices?

Archived