E bay drives me crazy

havending

from time to time i will look on ebay for bulk vending machines to see whats out there. Even though there are some good deals on machines sometimes and i post the good ones here. Now to what drives me crazy. Vending price labels for like .30 each are you crazy. At A&A there are .06. When i need some i just add when i buy from A&A. Product display cards. are people really buying and selling what you get free. Wonka, m&m mars, nestle all of these companies give you cards for FREE you just have to call and ask. Next people selling candy 2 pounds of gum balls for 6.00 or 2 pounds of mike and ikes for 5.95.

im sure none of you guys buy that junk on there but if you do re think it

from time to time i will look on ebay for bulk vending machines to see whats out there. Even though there are some good deals on machines sometimes and i post the good ones here. Now to what drives me crazy. Vending price labels for like .30 each are you crazy. At A&A there are .06. When i need some i just add when i buy from A&A. Product display cards. are people really buying and selling what you get free. Wonka, m&m mars, nestle all of these companies give you cards for FREE you just have to call and ask. Next people selling candy 2 pounds of gum balls for 6.00 or 2 pounds of mike and ikes for 5.95.

People like this guy:

My link

Unfortunately, there is a sucker born every minute. <_<

My aunt used to be a walmart door greeter. there was this woman that always came in and got a couple items but always had a stack of the free recipe cards that some walmarts still provide.

Coming to find out she was putting them together into a cookbook type file and selling 5-10 of them a week on ebay for $15 each plus shipping. The only thing that cost her was a $2 index card box.:blink:

Well with all of these overpriced eBay re-sellers and overpriced web suppliers, all I can think of is that they are reselling to business owners who have their own machines and don't know any better. Or maybe selling just to a guy who has some machines in his game room. Just ignore them or you will go crazy! Sometimes I think about contacting these clowns about their inflated prices (as well as the TJ King web site with all the prices listed), but I settle down and move on with better things to do.

Of course sometimes, there are some items on eBay that can be sold at a premium due to the last of competition and overpriced biz-op parts and high demand. Like, say, Uturn gumball/capsule wheels!

Also consider Ebay has higher seller fees and such now, so more and more sellers of everything are trying to make up for it by jacking up prices. That is why I prefer Craigslist.

Also with Ebayers it is much harder to find quality deals like I scored on, you have to buy pallets worth to get a good enough price on it. Most ebay deals are one machine here and there or parts. Its not really worth it unless you really score a good deal w/ shipping factored in.

are people really buying and selling what you get free. Wonka, m&m mars, nestle all of these companies give you cards for FREE you just have to call and ask.

I had to buy some... guess why? Wrigley's never sent me the cards. It's been over a year now. They told me originally it would be around 14 weeks or something crazy like that. Guess it's a bit longer...

Not sure if they entirely understand that most vendors can't be waiting 14 weeks for signage. :)

What drives me crazy is people bashing eBay sellers. You failed to inform us that there is a $2 service charge for orders under $25. So, if you wanted 12 labels, it would cost you a total of $3.16. There is a 44 cent mailing charge also. I contacted A&A Global to verify this. That means the labels would cost you 26 cents a piece. Are you kidding me?

Yes, I’m one of those evil eBay sellers. I’m providing a service for people that is 4 cents higher than A&A. Not everyone has or wants to own a fleet of machines. Not everyone wants to deal with A&A either. Not everyone can wait weeks for product labels from the manufacturers.

Does that mean I’m ripping off the general public. Hardly! After eBay’s listing fees, final auction fees, PayPal fees, FREE SHIPPING and expense of the product, I’m netting approximately $1.67 on each order of price labels. Wow! I’m getting rich in a hurry.

I’m sure A&A is a great company to deal with. Cindy was very polite and professional. I’m just saying, list all the facts when you want to complain about us evil eBay sellers. I’m tired of people saying you can get it cheaper here or there. Especially when it’s a savings of only 4 cents! :rolleyes:

I’m stepping off my soapbox now. Sorry for the rant.

Bacho

I agree but didn't want to say anything, glad you did.

It boggles my mind the fees that ebay, paypal, post office, ups, etc. can charge and keep getting away with it. makes it very tough for businesses to make much of a profit. maybe that's why I have 3 jobs! haha

I would say that most people dont understand how the whole "ebay thing" works.

friends and family are always asking "hey can you sell the such and such I have had in the garage"? sure after you bring it to me and I appraise it, weigh it, take pictures, write an ad, pay to list it, answer multiple questions for a week, pack it up, take it to the post office, pay the paypal fee, ebay final value fee, the listing fee, and give you whats left.

sure no problem.

that's what i am thinking of course I dont really say all that but most just dont know whats involved.

anyway thanks for listening!

What drives me crazy is people bashing eBay sellers. You failed to inform us that there is a $2 service charge for orders under $25. So, if you wanted 12 labels, it would cost you a total of $3.16. There is a 44 cent mailing charge also. I contacted A&A Global to verify this. That means the labels would cost you 26 cents a piece. Are you kidding me?

Yes, I’m one of those evil eBay sellers. I’m providing a service for people that is 4 cents higher than A&A. Not everyone has or wants to own a fleet of machines. Not everyone wants to deal with A&A either. Not everyone can wait weeks for product labels from the manufacturers.

Does that mean I’m ripping off the general public. Hardly! After eBay’s listing fees, final auction fees, PayPal fees, FREE SHIPPING and expense of the product, I’m netting approximately $1.67 on each order of price labels. Wow! I’m getting rich in a hurry.

I’m sure A&A is a great company to deal with. Cindy was very polite and professional. I’m just saying, list all the facts when you want to complain about us evil eBay sellers. I’m tired of people saying you can get it cheaper here or there. Especially when it’s a savings of only 4 cents! :rolleyes:

I’m stepping off my soapbox now. Sorry for the rant.

I stand by my post. Most everyone here deals with A&A and some point all im saying is its better to throw some on your order so you have them. I have never waited more than two weeks for the free cards. The ones sold on ebay are either free ones the sellers are getting or they are being copied or created WITH OUT the copy right owners permission.

I wanted people to know that there are more options than just ebay. The newer guys may not know that they can get free cards or lump price labels on orders from their other suppliers. I am all for helping out esp the newer guys. thats what vend discuss is all about.

And I stand by my post. I wanted everyone to know that your post was misleading. I’ve been here long enough to know what Vendiscuss is all about. Not everyone deals with A&A so they will not have the opportunity to get their labels at 6 cents a piece. They may choose NW's or Oaks for their machines of choice.

I understand where you are coming from but you don’t have to belittle the eBay sellers in your post to get your point across. I hope you understand my points also.

You know for people like me ebay has been both good and bad experiance.New to the vending business it was my source for candy and machines untill I learned more about it.Now I have you guys to help answer questions and do alot of reading as to what others and doing.Also started looking at craigslist and found the 15 1-800 machines I have now that are out there making quarters at a time and have deffiantly helped my income.

Archived